AVIC411.com

Pandora One Worth It?

Hey, has anyone here used Pandora One yet? I have a few questions, first, is the sound quality noticeably better, and two, how much data do you end up using? Just got an iPhone 4, and therefore don't have unlimited data like everyone who's grandfathered in. Wondering if anyone has any info on how much I'd be able to use the service before it pushed me over my 2 gig monthly limit. Finally, do you think it's worth $36 a year??

Thanks,

-Alex

I may be wrong, but I think Pandora Link gives you access to the Pandora One features free of charge. I think this because I've been using Pandora Link with a free Pandora account for a few months and have yet to hear a commercial. Also, the sound quality of Pandora seems to rival that of Sirius with the Higher quality audio setting set to on.

I don't have Pandora One, so I may be completely wrong, but that's my thinking.

No, Pandora Link has nothing to do with Pandora One. I've been debating paying for Pandora One, but the rare commercials are so innocuous, it hardly seems to matter.

Sirius and XM sound quality are surprisingly crappy (in general, not particular to Pioneer), Pandora is at least as good.

• 7 months later...

I've got Pandora One but I'm not sure that you get infinite skips, I think it's still limited (but I don't skip songs too often anyway). But the desktop app is well worth it IMO.

it's not infinite, but it's a lot more than free.

I didn't mind the commercials at first, but since I got my new P3300bt and will use pandora as my primary music source in my car, I no longer want the commercials.

Very happy with Pandora One.

I upgraded to Pandora One and am happy I did. I use this instead of XM / Sirius. The desktop App is great, higher quality audio (192 kbps), zero interruptions (unlike XM/Sirius), plenty of skips, unlimited listening (I would max out each month at work). On AT&T you will likely need to upgrade to the 2GB data plan = $10/mon more (compared to 200MB @ $15/mon) but I was pretty much already at the 2GB level anyway.

It's $36 well spent IMO.

Well first of all you need to have iphone 2g which is the very first iphone. goto the at&t store with that tell them that you lost your new iphone4 or 3gs and tell them that you going to use this phone for time being then use it for a day or two and go back to the at&t store tell them that you got your phone back and need to transfer it back then they do it for you.the secret is iphone 2g takes only unlimited data plan and it doesn't take the 2gig limited plan so your plan become unlimited hope it helps everyone because I did it on mine.