AVIC411.com

How to turn off the Pioneer Z120BT

I do not think any button that turns off the device, so it was that installed in the ignition of the car to turn the car off the apparatus can also shut down.

Can anyone tell me if there is any other way to turn off the machine without it off with the car ?

Really has no button to turn on or off.

Pioneer simply forgotten this button, even pressing the icon off the screen, the device is still connected and consuming energy, and there is the option to turn off the device or connect it only when I want.

There have never been any Pioneer units with an ON/OFF switch. They simply don't see a need to put one on the unit. Honestly I don't really see a need for one either. A workaround would be to wire a switch to the 12 volt switched wire and toggle it when you want to turn the unit off.

There have never been any Pioneer units with an ON/OFF switch. They simply don't see a need to put one on the unit. Honestly I don't really see a need for one either. A workaround would be to wire a switch to the 12 volt switched wire and toggle it when you want to turn the unit off.

Old VWs always had the ability to run the radio without the key in the ignition, which I liked. I generally have connected my radios this way whenever I could. Your solution would work, but it's not all that elegant to have an external switch controlling it.

• 2 weeks later...

You're right, its not. But if you require an on/off switch this is your solution.

The reason there is not an on/off switch is that it takes the GPS several minutes to locate the satelites if you were to turn the unit off. If you don't believe me, press the reset button while driving. This will cause the unit to reboot, and it will take it awhile to find you again. The farther you have traveled from it's "known" location, the longer it takes.

When it turns on, it assumes that is is in the same place as when it was shut off. While it is aquiring sat signals, it uses VSS, internal gyro, etc to track your location.

Fellas, I have the 110 upgraded to the 120 and I have an "OFF" button visible all of the time on my left hand side toggle menu. It shuts everything off not just the the screen.

In that case, how do you turn it on while driving? I think it just turns off the backlight of the LCD screen.

In that case, how do you turn it on while driving? I think it just turns off the backlight of the LCD screen.

It actually turns of the radio or video but the side menu bar remains on for the options to turn on the desired media. If you want the screen to turn off as well, you go to the settings tab on the main menu and then tap the "screen off" tab on the bottom right side. This gives you a complete black screen and all media is off as well. To turn it back on, just hit any of the front buttons or tap the screen. Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but it works for me.

It actually turns off the radio or video but the side menu bar remains on for the options to turn on the desired media. If you want the screen to turn off as well, you go to the settings tab on the main menu and then tap the "screen off" tab on the bottom right side. This gives you a complete black screen and all media is off as well. To turn it back on, just hit any of the front buttons or tap the screen. Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but it works for me.

Exactly, it doesn't shut off. It just stops/causes and goes it a partial sleep. It is really a matter of semantics, and, like vblue42 said, there really is no need for an off button (one that actually turns the power off). For reasons that should be obvious, it would have to be a hard button.

• 3 months later...