AVIC411.com

Chuck88's Mod v3.4b with Pioneer FW 4.0 and Primo 2.0 - Updated 2013-04-13

*** Smartzoom navigation aid ***  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use/prefer smartzoom during navigation?

• Yes.
    • Yes, but my mod doesn't have this feature or this feature is not working correctly.
    • No, I hate smartzoom.
    • I don't know what smartzoom is. Know it here (copy and paste): http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/28658-abbs-chrome-nav-mod-v325-aug-30th-10/page__st__165__p__213857#entry213857

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

salut chuck,

Tu vas sur son site dans son Mp clic image et tu vas chercher ton image dans le dossier approprié /envoyé /copier /coller dans la page et tu envois tout simplement et encore mes félicitation pour ton travail motte

Motte, note que j'ai inscrit ton nom dans la page BLANK SCREEN pour ta contribution.

Merci pour le hint. A+.

Hi Chuck88.

Thanks for your great work . just one question where can i find mapchanger button.

Hi Bigboy,

I am sorry :oops: but I think that I forgot to put the map changer back in my latest mode. I will add it shortly (tomorrow).

More than 100 downloads and you are the only one who has found it :blink: . Great feedback!

Please check back tomorrow!

Chuck.

Hey Chuck -

Mod is awesome, I really really like what you have done with it. I'm a fan of smartzoom, so I've been running an older ABB mod for many many months.

So a question about this one, seems I'm one of the few that likes the top-menu buttons - I really like the single press to get to my quickest items. So in past mods, there was a shortcut on the top-menu to flip directly from 3d/2d/2d-N. In this one it seems to have disappeared, and looks like it was replaced with the MSN button (again, I use this one daily, MSN traffic works great here).

So 2 questions I guess:

First, any way to put the 3d/2d/2d-N button back - maybe replace the power button? I know I can get to 3d/2d/2N fast with a couple presses using the Map Browser, just not when I choose the icons.

Second, with the auto-fading bar turned on, I don't seem to be able to select the percentage.

Or am I overlooking something on both?

Thanks again to you and the other modders for keeping this forum rolling. If you have a Paypal account, pass it along.

Cheers.

Thanks for your kind words. I am really glad that you do like it; this makes me feel good! :rolleyes: As for the PayPal account, I don't think that I deserve it yet, I just want to share with others. Thanks for your thoughts anyway. :-P

Don't worry for the 2D/2DN/3D thing, you can simply press the compass to get the map changes, yeah it is that simple! Here are the description of on-map items and their respective functions:

If I didn't read your post tonight, the MSN/TMC button on the top bar will be replaced by something else, since I don't have it with my X710BT unit ... lucky you!

As for the fading percentage, you would have to get into the Custom Menu, select "Icons", then enable the "Auto Fading Bar", now you should be able to toggle the percentage from 100% to 25%. If not, let me know the version number that you are using.

Normal driving:

===============

•  
  • Compass -> Toggle 2D/2DN/3D map view
  • Current Speed -> Bring up speedometer
  • Current Time -> Bring up on-map trip computer (disabled during navigation)

Navigation:

===========

•  
  • Next Turn Icon: Bring up AVOIDANCE menu
  • Next Turn Distance: Bring up Itinerary view with AVOIDANCE menu
  • GPS NOT AVAILABLE Icon: Bring up GPS settings (only when GPS is not locked)

If I don't hear from you for the percentage issue the latest tomorrow, I will post minor update v2.80e shortly (put back the map changer).

Cheers!

Chuck.

Weird. I knew where the fading was to toggle, but last night it was staying greyed out even with the icons on. This morning no issues. Maybe I got something whacked by doing all the mad-clicking trying out all the new stuff. Either way, that part is resolved.

I see I also overlooked tapping the compass to change map view in the instructions, thanks for the reminder.

One last thing that I wanted to ask (beside still wanting a paypal), and that is about the colors on the POI search screen with the keyboard. Is there any way to make the fade a little darker? It's pretty hard to read as the character colors kindof disappear into the fade. See this thread for an example:

ABB 3.25 page 34

I believe that you have caught a bug for the fading %. If you could reproduce it systematically, pleaes do let me know so it will get fixed.

As for the Chrome background for the keyboard entry, I would have to check for the BMP as it is from Abb's original mod. Maybe Abb could shed somelight on the name of the BMP (i.e. I guess we don't might to having a black background for the text entry field).

Later!

Still running the mod from yesterday (2.8d), but ran into an issue tonight with the 3dcars. I picked a random car (blue is all I remember), prompt then avic rebooted, and now it reboots as soon as I get to the map screen, over and over. If it boots to the Main Menu it's fine until I hit the map button. I replaced the data.zip, sys.txt, replaced the entire 3dcars folder again, and cleared all the userdata, but the reboots are still going. Can you tell me where the pointer is to the cars so I know which file I might need to edit/replace?

Still running the mod from yesterday (2.8d), but ran into an issue tonight with the 3dcars. I picked a random car (blue is all I remember), prompt then avic rebooted, and now it reboots as soon as I get to the map screen, over and over. If it boots to the Main Menu it's fine until I hit the map button. I replaced the data.zip, sys.txt, replaced the entire 3dcars folder again, and cleared all the userdata, but the reboots are still going. Can you tell me where the pointer is to the cars so I know which file I might need to edit/replace?

This is a generic problem with 3DCars addon. It appears that not all the cars have been tested by the original modder, which lead to this problem (not only my mod, but any mod in this forum running 3DCars addon). It is a matter of try-and-error. For myself, I'd choosen the Hummer to represent my SUV, and it works, and that's it!

For your problem, all you have to do is boot into Testmode v2.3 (for FW 3.x), delete the folder \My Flash Disk\User\UserData\igo, and reboot. This has nothing to do with DATA.ZIP or SYS.TXT, it is with the embedded car image from the 3DCars external addon, whose selection should be stored in that folder. You would have to setup again your personal preference afterward.

Good lucks!