AVIC411.com

Chuck88's Mod v3.4b with Pioneer FW 4.0 and Primo 2.0 - Updated 2013-04-13

*** Smartzoom navigation aid ***  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use/prefer smartzoom during navigation?

• Yes.
    • Yes, but my mod doesn't have this feature or this feature is not working correctly.
    • No, I hate smartzoom.
    • I don't know what smartzoom is. Know it here (copy and paste): http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/28658-abbs-chrome-nav-mod-v325-aug-30th-10/page__st__165__p__213857#entry213857

This is a generic problem with 3DCars addon. It appears that not all the cars have been tested by the original modder, which lead to this problem (not only my mod, but any mod in this forum running 3DCars addon). It is a matter of try-and-error. For myself, I'd choosen the Hummer to represent my SUV, and it works, and that's it!

For your problem, all you have to do is boot into Testmode v2.3 (for FW 3.x), delete the folder \My Flash Disk\User\UserData\igo, and reboot. This has nothing to do with DATA.ZIP or SYS.TXT, it is with the embedded car image from the 3DCars external addon, whose selection should be stored in that folder. You would have to setup again your personal preference afterward.

Good lucks!

Weird definitely not in UserData, I know that I had that deleted before since it seemed the obvious place and just did the same again. Tried with no userdata, no userdata + 3dcar folder gone, tried replacing userdata with a backup copy I had - all no dice. I was finally able to get it working by changing settings to default on a reboot that didn't go to map. Either way I'm back up and rolling now with the arrow which is just fine. I have a blue tundra so nothing in 3dcars close to it anyway, so all good. Thanks again Chuck. You need paypal. :D

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still running the mod from yesterday (2.8d), but ran into an issue tonight with the 3dcars. I picked a random car (blue is all I remember), prompt then avic rebooted, and now it reboots as soon as I get to the map screen, over and over. If it boots to the Main Menu it's fine until I hit the map button. I replaced the data.zip, sys.txt, replaced the entire 3dcars folder again, and cleared all the userdata, but the reboots are still going. Can you tell me where the pointer is to the cars so I know which file I might need to edit/replace?

The only way to fix this is that we HAVE to know what car it was that was loaded and then we have to delete it or fix it. So please, when changing any cars, remember which one it was so that we will know which ones are duds. These cars were created by russian modders for entirely different GPS systems, so there may be a couple that do not work. I tested out about 75% of them and only ran into one dud which was car #8 and that is now fixed. I didn't test them all though as it is very time consuming :(

It is indeed! Abb how about setting up a thread to poll from users as on which car works and which doesn't?

So you will eventually have a bug-free version of the 3D car :rolleyes:

Not a bad idea, but there are 93 possibilities, and that is a lot. When MisterBlue first incorporated this mod, there wereseveral cars that were not working. I did a search on some of the russian sites and I found updated replacements, so that is why a lot of mine now work. I spent three days testing about 40-50 cars which took a while with the constant reboots and all that I tested were ok, however, some of the ones that I missed may be duds. That is why I need to know which ones they are. One post was complaining about a jeep that caused the reboot, but I tested all the jeep looking vehicles and they were all ok, then it was said that he couldnt remember the exact file. It is very important to remember what car is used in case it is a dud. I got a feeling that it is just ONE vehicle that is kinda in the background that is causing these problems, I just need to know exactly which it is.

Hello,

I tested all the cars of the version of MIsterblue they work all ;)

Motte

NOT when he first posted it they werent, just look back at the threads. He probably did the same thing that I did and installed the updated .mdl files in a later release.

NOT when he first posted it they werent, just look back at the threads. He probably did the same thing that I did and installed the updated .mdl files in a later release.

Hey Motte, is this the case?

If so, can you provide link to MB's bug-free 3DCars?

Thanks.

One last thing that I wanted to ask (beside still wanting a paypal), and that is about the colors on the POI search screen with the keyboard. Is there any way to make the fade a little darker? It's pretty hard to read as the character colors kindof disappear into the fade. See this thread for an example:

ABB 3.25 page 34

whoopidoo2,

If you are looking for the entry field of the POI search, here is the bmp to replace: inside the DATA.zip\ui_pionner\800_480\746_32K_MN-050_24b.bmp. Instead of updating the DATA.ZIP, you can extract the bmp from Pioneer's original iGo DATA.ZIP, which is blue, and save it under \My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo\ui_pioneer\800_480.

For myself, I just remove the BMP from my code in templates_800_480.ui, like this:

;<template xinputfield bmp="746_32K_MN-050_24b.bmp" x=2 y=66 z=5>
<template xinputfield bmp="" x=2 y=66 z=5>

Happy modding!

Can't download this mod?

This is what I get:

The file link that you requested is not valid.

Hummmmm, within my 4shared account, even myself can't download it ... must be a bug or my account was blacklist.

Reuploaded and seems to be fine now!

Enjoy!

If you are looking for the entry field of the POI search, here is the bmp to replace: inside the DATA.zip\ui_pionner\800_480\746_32K_MN-050_24b.bmp. Instead of updating the DATA.ZIP, you can extract the bmp from Pioneer's original iGo DATA.ZIP, which is blue, and save it under \My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo\ui_pioneer\800_480.

This worked. Thanks!!!

newbie here...I followed instructions exactly and everything works great except I do not have any themes. A few of the the new themes are listed, but the map is still standard regardless of which theme I pick. Where did I go wrong?

I assume that you are talking about SCHEME, and not THEME. For theme, you have to change the IMAGE.res in the \My Flash Disk\APL.

So for schemes, you would have to copy all schemes (*.zip files) to \My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo\CONTENT\Schemes. What do you see in this folder?

Let me know if my understanding is wrong or provide more info.