AVIC411.com

Chuck88's Mod v3.4b with Pioneer FW 4.0 and Primo 2.0 - Updated 2013-04-13

*** Smartzoom navigation aid ***  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use/prefer smartzoom during navigation?

• Yes.
    • Yes, but my mod doesn't have this feature or this feature is not working correctly.
    • No, I hate smartzoom.
    • I don't know what smartzoom is. Know it here (copy and paste): http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/28658-abbs-chrome-nav-mod-v325-aug-30th-10/page__st__165__p__213857#entry213857

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Chuck,love the new colour options.Are you anywhere near sharing them with your fans?

Still around ovalball? <_<

Yeah it was dead ready since two weeks or so, and I make a trip with it during my vacation. Beside the interface color changer, in the new version, all you have to do to benefit from both SmartTrack in 2D and SmartZoom in 3D during navigation is to enable one single option. Below is the description found in the HELP file:

Turning ON the "Smart 2D/3D NAV Shifting" select the best of both worlds - SmartTrack for 2D mode and SmartZoom for 3D mode during navigation! Regardless the SmartZoom settings, it is automatically enabled in 3D mode and reverted back to disabled in 2D. If only SmartZoom is desired, then the "Smart 2D/3D NAV Shifting" feature must be turned OFF before switching SmartZoom back to ON (P.S.: SmartZoom could remain ON upon reboot if power to AVIC was cut-off during navigation in 3D).

With the new option, just configure SmartTrack and SmartZoom as below to enjoy fully its potential:

map-visual-settin...arttrack-2ad5343.jpg

I will upload that soon!

Hi Chuck.Been working away just lately but manage to view the forum when I can.Things are so quiet on here just lately and I know you have been very busy too.Great that I can get my fix now you have uploaded 3,3 so that is tonight sorted out!As always many thanks for sharing your work and keeping things ticking over on here.

Just added your mod but when I placed the 3D cars in the appropriate folder and run the system I do not see any cars listed when I enter the car changer program. Any suggestions on were I may have went wrong?

Have you pressed the init button when you first ran the 3 D cars.The unit will then reboot.When it restarts you can then run scan.The cars will then be there.

v3.3 is awesome! Great work, as usual, Chuck. The gps button, "continue" doesn't seem to add the second route if you already entered the first destination. Everything works up until you press the "continue" button on the bottom left. Otherwise, it works flawlessly.

Kluong6,

You add a second destination using "Add Via", not "Continue".

Under the "Planning Pad", I intentionally send the user to the "Destination Menu" when the "Continue" button is pressed, in order to let the user pick another address, or POI, or favorite, after the first destination was set.

So the procedure is that first you have to set your final destination (the route will be computed), then pick up another point as VIA (Add Via), and then another one if wished. You can pick another one by directly setting the cursor on the current map or go back to the "Destination Menu" by taping the "Continue" button (pick another address, favorite, POI, history etc etc). The sequence of routes can be manually set or automatically optimized afterward under the Route Menu->Edit Route (i.e, you can easily change the final destination here, which implies that you can set ANY destination as FINAL destination initially, then change the routing sequence afterward, very flexible).

That was the best method that I've found so far, so hope that you will get used to it.

Chuck.

Kluong6,

You add a second destination using "Add Via", not "Continue".

Under the "Planning Pad", I intentionally send the user to the "Destination Menu" when the "Continue" button is pressed, in order to let the user pick another address, or POI, or favorite, after the first destination was set.

So the procedure is that first you have to set your final destination (the route will be computed), then pick up another point as VIA (Add Via), and then another one if wished. You can pick another one by directly setting the cursor on the current map or go back to the "Destination Menu" by taping the "Continue" button (pick another address, favorite, POI, history etc etc). The sequence of routes can be manually set or automatically optimized afterward under the Route Menu->Edit Route (i.e, you can easily change the final destination here, which implies that you can set ANY destination as FINAL destination initially, then change the routing sequence afterward, very flexible).

That was the best method that I've found so far, so hope that you will get used to it.

Chuck.

Duh, thanks for the clarification Chuck. Good stuff. That makes sense how you have it set up.

Under the "Planning Pad", there are also other bonus features not known to average users, such as saving presets of the map level by long-pressing the button. You first set the desired map viewing level, than open the popup menu by pressing the map level button, then long-press on the desired button to confirm and save the current level for subsequent uses.