AVIC411.com

Chuck88's Mod v3.4b with Pioneer FW 4.0 and Primo 2.0 - Updated 2013-04-13

*** Smartzoom navigation aid ***  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use/prefer smartzoom during navigation?

• Yes.
    • Yes, but my mod doesn't have this feature or this feature is not working correctly.
    • No, I hate smartzoom.
    • I don't know what smartzoom is. Know it here (copy and paste): http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/28658-abbs-chrome-nav-mod-v325-aug-30th-10/page__st__165__p__213857#entry213857

I would need a US/CANADA volunteer with an AVIC F900/X910 supporting MSNDirect to test my new update. Any volunteer out there? :unsure:Please PM me!

There are lot and lot of unused scripts and user-interface graphics associated with MSN v2.0 and waste lot of CPU resources and RAM. I dont' have MSNDirect so I can't test this "faster" and simplified version.

I have a F90 that supports it, but the MSN Direct around here has been turned off at whatever radio station provided it. Last time it updated was back in March. Suck.

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great job on this. Breathing new life into my unit!

Problem however as I was tooling around and selected a map I don't have in the UI that allows one to select an alternate map. I cannot figure out how to correct this as the unit keeps rebooting and generating an error that it cannot find the map. Where is this preference stored? I tried re-installing the MOD but still no go.

Help please :(

Frequent "Out of memory" problem

Hi, I use your mod for a while but on the newest version often I get "out of memory" windows ce box with OK to close. After I close the box, the Igo software is unusable, I have to reboot the AVIC.

Do You have any idea what can be wrong, I have over 200MB free on the flash drive. If you want I can send you the crash.txt file from avic.

Moreover, can you tell me how to add position "Restart" to the Debug menu in the system settings? You added there e.g. "Open explorer, Process watcher, etc...".

Thanks in advance.

Lucas

Great job on this. Breathing new life into my unit!

Problem however as I was tooling around and selected a map I don't have in the UI that allows one to select an alternate map. I cannot figure out how to correct this as the unit keeps rebooting and generating an error that it cannot find the map. Where is this preference stored? I tried re-installing the MOD but still no go.

Help please :(

Thanks Jason for your nice words.

There is no setting saved for the selected map. All maps should be stored under "My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo\CONTENT\map". If you have toggled between Navteq and TeleAtlas maps using the MAP Changer but you DIDN'T create a folder called CONTENT\map_nt with the basemap.fdl AND at least one map in it, you're running into trouble!

To correct the situation, boot into TestMode and rename the map_ta or map_nt to map. To be able to use the Map Changer, you know what to do now (i.e. see above).

Good luck!

Frequent "Out of memory" problem

Hi, I use your mod for a while but on the newest version often I get "out of memory" windows ce box with OK to close. After I close the box, the Igo software is unusable, I have to reboot the AVIC.

Do You have any idea what can be wrong, I have over 200MB free on the flash drive. If you want I can send you the crash.txt file from avic.

Moreover, can you tell me how to add position "Restart" to the Debug menu in the system settings? You added there e.g. "Open explorer, Process watcher, etc...".

Thanks in advance.

Lucas

Can you provide steps to recreate the "out of memory" problem? You can also provide me the crash.txt but to be honest, I never look into it before (never got problem).

For your second question, you can try to execute the Custom script under the "Application Menu 1" (on map popup menu), and the shortcut to the RESET will be created and accessible from the WinCE Start Menu.

I have a F90 that supports it, but the MSN Direct around here has been turned off at whatever radio station provided it. Last time it updated was back in March. Suck.

Yeah that sucks! :blink: Looks like this is no longer supported in North America ... :angry:

So is there anyone still using the MSN Direct at this time? Or I can simply remove it from the mod? :unsure:

Raise your hand if you want to have MSN Direct on upcoming update!

Steps for the "out of memory":

Case 1. Usually when the system automatically run the map i got the error

Case 2. When I press the button MAP on the device "too quickly", let say under 5-10 sec after the dialog "system loading" disappear.

Case 3. When I have a long route with a Via point or then I get multidraw on that route

Case 4. During the navigation, e.g. when it turn from the the rear camera vie to map

Case 5. Sometimes It happends when the GPS not jet get the position

The crash.txt I will send you later today.

After I get the out of memory I cannot use the map software, so I can't execute the Custom script, or any other thing related to IGO. I can't even open Navi Setting. I can only turn off and on the engine to restart avic or go to System Setting -> Service (Debug) -> Show explorer -> navigate to APL2 -> Extensions and execute the Restart.exe from there. However, during the drive it's not a good idea to do this steps. That's why I asked how to add option directly to this screen in Debug menu.

Can you provide steps to recreate the "out of memory" problem? You can also provide me the crash.txt but to be honest, I never look into it before (never got problem).

For your second question, you can try to execute the Custom script under the "Application Menu 1" (on map popup menu), and the shortcut to the RESET will be created and accessible from the WinCE Start Menu.

Hummm, I printed this out and will check that with my AVIC X710BT. BTW, what is your device?

Please bring up the System Resource Monitor (the 4th icon under the Application Menu 1) and go to the Resource Tab, and please report the free RAM and Flash memories usage.

On my device X710BT:

Case 1: Using Carver's Hack, I always run automatically into the map at startup since one year: never see error (I use the Steath Mode - blank screen at startup, this is an option under Custom Menu). I will try not using Steath Mode.

Case 2: Is this happening all the time? I believe that I did that sometime but never see the problem ... it might be Window CE is multitasking something ....

Case 3: Hummmm ... can you sent me a route with GPS positions or street names and via points with this problem?

Case 4: I tried the rear view camera to see my bikes attached to a rack during my trip last Monday and no problem ... and I will try that again ...

Case 5: Can't get GPS position at startup? It happens sometime to me but NEVER got a Windows error message. This is a Windows/GPS device sync problem and sometime it requires you to reboot AVIC to get GPS back ... very rare though!

Which scenario happens all the time? I mean everytime? This will help me troubleshoot if there is a problem.

Please your people, anyone experienced this problem at lease once already? With a Windows memory error? With close to 1000 downloads since my first version, I expect :evil: at lease 20 or 30 feedbacks on this issue and whether YES or NO. Please please report back.

My unit is F910BT (European version)

System Resource Monitor:

Memory:

- Program 82MB used 120MB free

- Storage 350kB 131MB free

Flash: 270MB free 1,52GB used

AVIC_crash.txt contain some errors from just a few hours. I can send you the whole file from about 2 weeks, but its size is ~20MB.

Case 1: most common error; very often unit stay on the main screen (doesn't switch to map). I use the map view (not the Stealth mode)

Case 2: directly connected with case 1; 60-70% of time when I quickly press the map button I got the error.

Case 3: I can sent, but You would need EU maps the get this route. Generally the route was about 1600km with 7-8 via point and was using maps from 5 countries. I get this error just 2 times, but not often I'm driving that long distances (holiday trip).

Case 4: Happens rarely, only when in navigation I got it.

Case 5: It happens when on the morning I start my car in the garage and GPS need 40-60s to get the signal lock, if during that time i set destination and want to start guidance I get the error. Not always that happens.

Do you have any idea how to add restart to the debug menu ?

Hummm, I printed this out and will check that with my AVIC X710BT. BTW, what is your device?

Please bring up the System Resource Monitor (the 4th icon under the Application Menu 1) and go to the Resource Tab, and please report the free RAM and Flash memories usage.

On my device X710BT:

Case 1: Using Carver's Hack, I always run automatically into the map at startup since one year: never see error (I use the Steath Mode - blank screen at startup, this is an option under Custom Menu). I will try not using Steath Mode.

Case 2: Is this happening all the time? I believe that I did that sometime but never see the problem ... it might be Window CE is multitasking something ....

Case 3: Hummmm ... can you sent me a route with GPS positions or street names and via points with this problem?

Case 4: I tried the rear view camera to see my bikes attached to a rack during my trip last Monday and no problem ... and I will try that again ...

Case 5: Can't get GPS position at startup? It happens sometime to me but NEVER got a Windows error message. This is a Windows/GPS device sync problem and sometime it requires you to reboot AVIC to get GPS back ... very rare though!

Which scenario happens all the time? I mean everytime? This will help me troubleshoot if there is a problem.

Please your people, anyone experienced this problem at lease once already? With a Windows memory error? With close to 1000 downloads since my first version, I expect :evil: at lease 20 or 30 feedbacks on this issue and whether YES or NO. Please please report back.

AVIC_crash.txt

I don't think that free memory is the issue, as it has more than 100 MB on every crash.

I tried many scenrios today without seeing error, but my plots were only a few 100 KM within Canada, not 1600 KM across many countries. After reading your post, I'm not going to describe my tests. Instead, I think it is possible that the problem is relied on the EzRider.exe, which was the cause for your crashes. I think that it is possible that the buggy EzRider.exe when combining with map from your area, can reveal potential flaws within EzRider.exe.

I would suggest:

1) Try to see if there is any forum member from your area and ask him to do the same test in order to isolate whether it is your setup (AVIC) or else.

2) Try to install another mod base on diaftia's, his own v3.6 or abb1's v4.0 or v5.0, then try doing the same thing to see how AVIC react.

I will see if there are members to report the same issue with my mod later. Hope there will be people to report whether YES or NO.

Good luck!

Ok, thx for Your help, what I'm planing to do is:

1. restore old ezrider.exe i see what happened

2. restore ABB's mod where everything was OK

3. Maybe I'll try new file from firmware 4.0

Do You have any idea how to modify the SystemSetting.exe -> DEBUG MODE in System Information tabs, to add there an restart options ?

Ok, thx for Your help, what I'm planing to do is:

1. restore old ezrider.exe i see what happened

2. restore ABB's mod where everything was OK

3. Maybe I'll try new file from firmware 4.0

Do You have any idea how to modify the SystemSetting.exe -> DEBUG MODE in System Information tabs, to add there an restart options ?

Sorry I forgot your last question ... No I don't know how to do that, Carver has implemented the DEBUG MODE inside the EXE file.

BTW, before switching to Abb's mod, you can try to get ride of Carver's hack (4 or 5 files including some DLL et EXE) in the APL folder and see whether that fixes the problem. It is possible!

Sorry I forgot your last question ... No I don't know how to do that, Carver has implemented the DEBUG MODE inside the EXE file.

I found that in the debug mode -> process explorer there is a reboot option on the tab.

Also, I found the problem is not necessarily connected with the memory, I manage to check how much memory system have when I got the "out of memory" box, it has ~60MB of RAM. When I reverted back to ABB'ys mod completely (also the .exe files) everything is ok. When I get some free time I'll check the exe files.

I found that in the debug mode -> process explorer there is a reboot option on the tab.

Also, I found the problem is not necessarily connected with the memory, I manage to check how much memory system have when I got the "out of memory" box, it has ~60MB of RAM. When I reverted back to ABB'ys mod completely (also the .exe files) everything is ok. When I get some free time I'll check the exe files.

Please keep me posted with your findings. I included the altitude-hacked EzRider.exe in my last release instead of the original one, so far I don't have any problem.

Weired and nobody else reports it. But if you have this problem then it might be really one.

Thanks!