AVIC411.com

3.0 upgrade restart problem

I'm a total Noob here and decided to give the 3.0 firmware update a shot On my F700bt. I followed the instructions as listed in the thread.Everything went fine until the step 11 "press and hold down restart and eject for five seconds" I've tried and retried this step and nothing I just get the windows blue "desktop" screen. I tried to re-do the whole install and when I install the SD card and select "update CE" It tells me it is updated and to restart my unit. maybe I'm misunderstanding the restart process. please help!

Thanks

Nick

Thanks Vic,

I tried a variation of resetting...with and without the card it just gives me the boot screen (pioneer logo screen) then seems to try to reboot every 5 minutes.

I think I figured out what I did....I followed the directions right...except for one little detail lol... instead of updating wince (winCE) I selected "More tools" and did the update in the only selection that had CE in it. I hope some of you guys can get a good laugh out of this blunder! I just don't know how to fix this...it replaced everything from that section with the 3.0 files.When I tried to install the 3.O in the wince update selection....it shows it "reading files" in pink near the bottom. after it hits 100% it says updated please restart your unit. Is there anyway to install a back up file or some sort of a restore to get back to before I butchered this easy update?

Any help would be much appreciated

Restart AND eject? Restart only, surely? If you sort this, next time copy your 'my flash disk' before you do any updates or mods! If you cant resolve it follow these instruction for a full install. I used it when I stuffed my f900bt so I know it works

Chris.

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/30773-f900bt-full-ew-backup/

Thanks Chris,

This is what should do the trick...only problem is I have a US model. Is there a download for the US files available?

Hold back a sec & download this;

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/30224-diaftias-hybrid-mods-v36-updated-041911-now-with-auto-installer/page__hl__maps

This is a mod which includes US maps. Copy the maps from this mod into the download I gave you the other day and install it as per the walkthrough instructions. Then install the mod as per instructions. This will make your avic more useable and customiseable.

The guy who wrote the mod, Diaftia, is very knowledgeable and is happy to answer questions. And he lives in California lol.

Good luck

Chris.

Hold back a sec & download this;

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/30224-diaftias-hybrid-mods-v36-updated-041911-now-with-auto-installer/page__hl__maps

This is a mod which includes US maps. Copy the maps from this mod into the download I gave you the other day and install it as per the walkthrough instructions. Then install the mod as per instructions. This will make your avic more useable and customiseable.

The guy who wrote the mod, Diaftia, is very knowledgeable and is happy to answer questions. And he lives in California lol.

Good luck

Chris.

Thanks a Million Chrisand all of you guys for putting this stuff out there!

Can you or someone please give me step by step instructions on copying the US maps to the EW backup files? I've already mucked this thing up already!

Thanks a Million Chrisand all of you guys for putting this stuff out there!

Can you or someone please give me step by step instructions on copying the US maps to the EW backup files? I've already mucked this thing up already!

I downloaded Diaftia's mod and can't locate any maps. What am I missing? I only see speedcam.spdb,Speedcam Update and sys.txt

Diaftia's mod doesn't include maps. If it did it would be a 2+gb download. There are maps posted all over this forum. Just grab the ones you want and copy them to the appropriate directory. If that's too hard, try Rettel's 3.1FW update, then Diaftia's 3.6 hybrid mod, that's what I did for my f900bt and my unit works great! Good luck!

Diaftia's mod doesn't include maps. If it did it would be a 2+gb download. There are maps posted all over this forum. Just grab the ones you want and copy them to the appropriate directory. If that's too hard, try Rettel's 3.1FW update, then Diaftia's 3.6 hybrid mod, that's what I did for my f900bt and my unit works great! Good luck!

Oops! my bad!

Chris

Thanks again guys,

Before I try and do this let me make sure I understand everything.

I downloaded the EW backup files but to use them on my US f700bt I just need to replace the maps with the US ones suplied in the above link right?

If so do I unrar the individual maps and replace them?

Also is the backup file 3.0?

Any tips would be great!

Yep, you got it. Do it all on the pc before you put it onto the sd card. You will only need 1x2gb sd card. Put the maps in the same folder you remove the uk maps from, you're just swapping like for like. Use winrar to uzip the maps. The backup file is version3 so when you've done all that add Diaftia's mod (its an easy upgrade straight from sd card and it auto installs.)

Let us know how you get on.

Chris.

Yep, you got it. Do it all on the pc before you put it onto the sd card. You will only need 1x2gb sd card. Put the maps in the same folder you remove the uk maps from, you're just swapping like for like. Use winrar to uzip the maps. The backup file is version3 so when you've done all that add Diaftia's mod (its an easy upgrade straight from sd card and it auto installs.)

Let us know how you get on.

Chris.

I'm getting there!

I'm still DLing the US maps but in the mean time I've been searching the backup files for the EW maps folder, The only thing I have found that look like maps were the following files...

LPUE080APL.HTM

LPUE080DATA.HTM

LPUE080DATA.VER

LPUE080APL.VER

The VER files won't open but the APL's will but start to extract when dbl clicked... I have basic Computer skills here and could use a bit for help with the map switching.

Thanks!