AVIC411.com

Condi's HACKMODE v2.2 - AUTOINSTALL! working also with F40BT, X940BT etc! [updated: 27.09.2012]

Hi all, 1st post here. Last nite I read through this entire thread(OMG) trying to learn more about the internals of these things. In my case my primary motivation was to fix a problem that crept up after installing Condi's Hackmode on my Z110 running the Z130 (CNSD210FM) s/w. After what looked like a successful install, the HU couldn't start any app after reboot. Like a dope, I didn't back-up /USER. I eventually fixed it by using PRG.FLG to point to my good PRG1 files. After reboot - everything looked good. I then immediately

installed the hacked CNSD310-FM upgrade - which worked great. My thought was any residual stuff would be cleaned-up by the upgrade. However the next day I noticed there was no attenuation of the audio during VR or responses. I checked my AV System settings and found the Mute Level softkey was active (not greyed) but had no value - and I couldn't change it.

I started a separate thread on the z110/z120/z130/z140 forum:

http://avic411.com/i..._15#entry257318

- detailing what I've tried so far. I seemed to be the only one having this issue after installing CNSD310-FM, but I had a nagging suspicion (but no evidence) that it was caused by a weird side-effect of the Hackmode installation. Member pionara has been offering suggestions in my thread - so far nothing as helped. While reading this Condi's HACKMODE thread, I found two other cases of the same problem - both likely related to HackMode installs.

So, Condi - and Bernd (if you are still around), did you ever fix this problem? If not, any insight into what caused it? Rather than hijack this thread, please respond in my dedicated (although probably mis-named) thread - http://avic411.com/i..._15#entry257318

Where would the settings on this screen be stored? Right now, with no attenuation, I have to manually mute (or just lower the volume) in order to use VR commands - or to hear NAV voice info. If the Mute Level button can not be fixed, I'd settle for a hardcoded value that would at least lower the volume automatically. If that means editing a file with a hex editor, so be it.

One other weird thing is that there is an ANT CTRL button in the AV System Settings menu (along with the inoperable Mute Level). I thought that went away in a previous upgrade - it isn't in the Z120, Z130 or Z140 User manual. It seems to be a vestige of the original Z110. Does this menu not get updated with the upgrades?

Thanks.

Had the same problem with mine and it wasn't even hacked. I was just in test mode. If you cut power to the unit for a bit then try it agaid it should be fine. I just pulled the positive cable of the battery for a bit since I did not want to open the dash. You could always just pull the fuses as well

Thanks

Mike

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone, I read through this entire thread as well and I tried downloading every link to a MicroSD card for my x930bt and nothing seems to work.

As soon as the ignition is turned on, the first thing that comes up is the password request screen. I am totally new to all of this so any help is much appreciated!

Are you saying that you are locked out of your head unit - or- are you trying to install password protected software? If software - which software?

Had the same problem with mine and it wasn't even hacked. I was just in test mode. If you cut power to the unit for a bit then try it agaid it should be fine. I just pulled the positive cable of the battery for a bit since I did not want to open the dash. You could always just pull the fuses as well

Thanks

Mike

That's one of the 1st things I tried. Along with a factory reset. Definately I'm not stuck in test mode. Thanks for the suggestion.

Update: just realized that the fuse I pulled was for the red (switched) power lead. That wouldn't do anything more than just switching the ignition off DUHHH!!!. So I looked up the fuse for the factory radio harness' constant +12V (which feeds the AVIC's yellow wire) and pulled it. SUCCESS!!!!!

Thanks mjruotolo for the suggestion. If I'd been thinking before, I would of saved myself lots of time and effort.

Are you saying that you are locked out of your head unit - or- are you trying to install password protected software? If software - which software?

sorry let me add in that my battery died so when I got my car restarted the head unit went into anti theft mode and the first thing that popped up was the password request screen. I thought this software was supposed to get past that screen and give me a temporary password for the hackmode software and get all the features back except for the navigation?

sorry let me add in that my battery died so when I got my car restarted the head unit went into anti theft mode and the first thing that popped up was the password request screen. I thought this software was supposed to get past that screen and give me a temporary password for the hackmode software and get all the features back except for the navigation?

Hi, I wanted to thank condiczek by the program, had a problem, I forgot the password for the AVIC-F-930-BT. And with this program I've solved without removing a single screw. I wanted to charge 100€.

very grateful

Well, sounds like you two need to get together. I've never done this so I can't help. Maybe you both should share exactly which files are on your SD. SubiRacer11, first - I want to be very clear. I understand that you are locked-out of your headunit by the anti-theft password. But is your question about the password to extract the files from the archive - Or is it the headunit not booting into Hackmode - and asking for a password? Two different things.

Well, sounds like you two need to get together. I've never done this so I can't help. Maybe you both should share exactly which files are on your SD. SubiRacer11, first - I want to be very clear. I understand that you are locked-out of your headunit by the anti-theft password. But is your question about the password to extract the files from the archive - Or is it the headunit not booting into Hackmode - and asking for a password? Two different things.

I have an X930bt not the F930bt. My question is how do I navigate to the tools menu like the directions in this install for this "hackmode" state? Ive tried all the buttons and have waited to see if just putting the microSD in would change the screen but nothing occurs it just stays at the password request screen. So I guess its not booting into hackmode...Im totally lost :(

this might sound like a dumb question but im using version 1.4 and when i go into test mode i don't have the copy and paste option on the screen in file manager..i been pulling my hair out trying to figure this out.

Assuming you already have mastered TestMode's quirky user interface, sounds like you don't have the latest TestMode.Key. With Z140 and CNSD-310FM, the default Testmode lost some functionality.

See this thread : http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/35253-advanced-puzzles-testmodekey-scriptexecini/

I also have a my avic-x930bt and it doesn't work as well. I'm able to boot into the hack menu, but Im unable to use my headunit. once I start my car it will freeze to the pionner screen asking if I want to boot into the hack. When i choose no it just sits there and does nothing. When I press yes it boots into the hack screen. When I boot without the loaded sd hack it just freezes at the pioneer logo screen. So I cant get into the default screen and acutally use my headunit :( please help me