AVIC411.com

Condi's HACKMODE v2.2 - AUTOINSTALL! working also with F40BT, X940BT etc! [updated: 27.09.2012]

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I suggest to add few tasks to "to do list"?

- Run emulator of our devices on PC.

- integrate different GPS software (IGO - my preference) into system, it should work with standard Player and Bluetooth etc.

I have run Dependency Walker on many apps that don't run on the AVIC and I see that IESHIMS.DLL is missing :huh: . I have sourced a wince 5.0 rom, extracted the all the library files but only copied the absent DLL files to the directory where the apps are.

Dependency Walker does not complain about missing DLLs :) but the apps still don't run on my AVIC :angry:

I'm thinking a registry entry is missing or a app killer is running, anyone with other ideas on how to get apps running?

I have run Dependency Walker on many apps that don't run on the AVIC and I see that IESHIMS.DLL is missing :huh: . I have sourced a wince 5.0 rom, extracted the all the library files but only copied the absent DLL files to the directory where the apps are.

Dependency Walker does not complain about missing DLLs :) but the apps still don't run on my AVIC :angry:

I'm thinking a registry entry is missing or a app killer is running, anyone with other ideas on how to get apps running?

Try focus on control panel and basic stuff! why control panel doesnt run? why menus dont work?? maybe the control panel try locate explorer into windows folder, maybe all problems can be easly solved after get basic stuff running!

Try focus on control panel and basic stuff! why control panel doesnt run? why menus dont work?? maybe the control panel try locate explorer into windows folder, maybe all problems can be easly solved after get basic stuff running!

Agreed! What I am trying to highlight is even if the library files are located, the apps don't run. One of the apps that complains about a missing dll is explorer even though it appears to run on the avics (with limited functionality)! When I copy missing dlls DW does not show errors, however explorer then refuses to run. I am only assuming that the dll files is incorrect or any of the reasons I eluded to previously.

My guess and it really is a guess, is that explorer needs the to be fixed first. An example is to look at the Garmin.mscr, it relies on explorer to run first.

a app killer is running

possible... look at windows explorer - try to run 'my device' - it tries to run, then instantly closes!

i've got another idea, preparing some script and going down to my car! ;)

---edit:

OK so:

1. tried to autocopy full wince 5.0 to windows directory on boot - fail,
  2. tried to copy 'Control Panel' only directory - control panel runs, with some new applets, but almost all of them are not working, fail,
  3. tried to copy some dlls and explorer.exe to windows directory - the same as now, fail,

After that I checked again active processes:

•  
  • \Windows\AstProc.exe - ?? interesting
  • \NAND\PRG0\Apl\Av.exe - AV, part of pioneer software,
  • \Windows\device.exe
  • \Windows\filesys.exe
  • \Windows\GpsMc.exe
  • \Windows\gwes.exe
  • \NAND\PRG0\Apl\HMIManager.exe - interesting, part of pioneer software,
  • \Windows\NEventWatcher
  • \Windows\NK.EXE
  • \NAND\PRG0\Apl\Pserver.exe - part of pioneer software
  • \NAND\PRG0\Apl\Navi.exe - Navi, part of pioneer software,
  • \NAND\PRG0\Apl\Voice.exe - VR, part of pioneer software

So I changed HMIManager process to file explorer.

HMIManager is first (I think) process, before AV and Navi, which is managing all other pioneer stuff.

After changing HMIManager I've got active processes:

• \Windows\AstProc.exe
  • \NAND\PRG0\Apl\Av.exe
  • \Windows\device.exe
  • \Windows\filesys.exe
  • \Windows\GpsMc.exe
  • \Windows\gwes.exe
  • \NAND\PRG0\Apl\HMIManager.exe
  • \Windows\NEventWatcher
  • \Windows\NK.EXE
  • \NAND\PRG0\Apl\Pserver.exe
  • \NAND\PRG0\Apl\Navi.exe
  • \NAND\PRG0\Apl\Voice.exe

So as you can see, we just had got rid of pioneer processes :)

One strange process left, AstProc.exe - anybody knows what it is?

As far as I can see it runs faster, tomorrow I will make update for HACKMODE,

to 'move' it from Av.exe to HMIManager.exe.

We are getting closer.

Oh and I will anticipate questions: no, gps signal/port is still not working :P

br

condi

Are you guys sure the architecture isn't similar to all the Chinese / Asian stuff. Most of that runs a proprietary APP (on a secondary processor) for the Audio side, and WINCE (ARM 9/11) for the NAV/WIN side.

This may be why some stuff is hard to find...

May also explain why the updates must be in chunks

Good luck either way (I'll be happy to contribute a beer to Condi once this thing starts smoking....)!

I have the hardware service manual - I'll look through it tonight...

RegistryBackup tool fixed!

Just unpack directory to SD/USB to root like:

'\SDMMC\RegistryBackup\BackupRegistry.exe' or

'\USB\RegistryBackup\BackupRegistry.exe'

and run it ;)

Still no joy... I have copied this registry backup and tried to run it from SD, nether BackupRegistry.exe nor BackupRegistry.mscr helps, I have been waiting for at least 10 minutes but file size still 0.

Task manager from this archive not working as well, it freezes everything.

Still no joy... I have copied this registry backup and tried to run it from SD, nether BackupRegistry.exe nor BackupRegistry.mscr helps, I have been waiting for at least 10 minutes but file size still 0.

Task manager from this archive not working as well, it freezes everything.

Does your SD have a directory called "RegistryBackup" with the 5 files in this directory? That is the problem that I had. It only takes about 30 seconds to run, and if you click the 'refresh' button, you can see the file size growing within a few seconds.

Are you guys sure the architecture isn't similar to all the Chinese / Asian stuff. Most of that runs a proprietary APP (on a secondary processor) for the Audio side, and WINCE (ARM 9/11) for the NAV/WIN side.

This may be why some stuff is hard to find...

May also explain why the updates must be in chunks

Good luck either way (I'll be happy to contribute a beer to Condi once this thing starts smoking....)!

I have the hardware service manual - I'll look through it tonight...

Look at dump of image EU09... .PRG probably windows ce is, there a AstLogApi.dll! i look in hex editor, we can get some clues.

i compare a pure ce image with a pioneer ce image , theres no file into original windows!

i Send the PM to Shortfuse today

He knows Assembler for PPC!

"hey man , can u help us? were are at a stuck at o point were we need some assembler skills, in hack of Z units, can check the forum http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/31534-condis-hackmode-v11-windows-explorer-sdusb-and-autoupdate-feature-updated-08052011/

we have to find out what some prograns do, and your skill are welcome. by the way Thanks for Z120 upgrade for free ... rsrsrsr"

let see if he can help us out!