AVIC411.com

Condi's HACKMODE v2.2 - AUTOINSTALL! working also with F40BT, X940BT etc! [updated: 27.09.2012]

so when i bought the pioneer 930 from craigslist, it didnt have the light green wire that is required for this bypass, i have tons of extra wires just sitting in my room though, can anyone please tell me where the greenwire goes or is located, what wires are next to it? please & thank youu!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanted to thank all involved in this, it is just what I have been looking for.

I am running an F930BT (european model) unit and despite a few mistakes on my part it was pretty smooth.

My main reason for running it is to enable me to backup (more specifically MOVE) my SD cards from my camera directly to a large USB drive, via my headunit. I just leave hackmode on all my cameras micro SD cards and when I run out of space I stick them in the avic and move everything to my mass storage to free up the card. Great for touring holidays.

Worked perfectly to get my lost password on my Avic 930xbt, but not exactly following the above. To get your password, all you need to do is use the hack program to locate the password data file on the unit.

Load the program from the SD card just like in steps 1 through 3 (unzip the program to your SD card, stick it in, the unit will recognize it and go into hack mode, then you can goto file maintenance).

You need to find the password file. Something like user\system\security\password.dat

When you find it, select it (on the 930x I hit the mode button when I had the file selected)

It will then ask you to view the file either binary or text. Select text. Wallah! There's your password!

Pull out the SD card, restart the unit, then enter that password.

Worked PERFECTLY for me!

It is look like if you not set password - user\system\security\ folder is empty... that mean we can delete password.dat file - but we need to try it first. So if someone would like to test it- copy this password.dat file and delete it from user\system\security\ then reboot. I expect it have to work fine.

I have been thinking about testmode in Z140 and X940 why they have [ENTER ] [sELECT] [DELETE] [ALL] [HELP]? I know it is hard work but... can someone with new device check file structure and compare it with Z130/X930 ones in search of extra files (i think they can be small in size if not empty) that can work as keyfiles. So I can imagine that serviceman enter in to testmode and delete keyfile and reboot, enter in to fully working testmode, does something and restore keyfile and next time it will be limited testmode again.

As an option someone can make good quality video going through file structure and post it on youtube. we will take a good look and compare. B)

Do not delete anything yet!!!!!

did anybody ever try the hack that works on u310bt (which has somewhat similar nav software setup), where with a mortscript, we change comport number in registry, soft reboot, and launch our app (like igo/primo, etc), and after we are done, reset comport, and reboot back into stock nav?

here was the code that works on u310bt (via apps launcher):

# generic launcher for AVIC-U310BT (but could be adapted for others with a patched AppsLib.dll).
# this happens to be setup for IGO8, but could basically launch any exe, navi, mortscript, whatever.
# most av/ipod and bt phone controls (basic answer/hangup/vol) will work
# just remember that HMIManager.exe will reboot back into regular navi mode after this process (Launcher.exe) exits,
# so use RunWait() to run your executables
# -- pionara

#Run("\Windows\explorer.exe")

currentport = RegRead("HKLM", "\Drivers\BuiltIn\GPS_HWCOM", "Index")

If (currentport = 2)
       StatusMessage("moving gps to com 4, rebooting into igo...")
       RegWriteDWord("HKLM", "\Drivers\BuiltIn\GPS_HWCOM", "Index", 4)
       # next line is needed to get HU back into apps-mode, else it will fall back to regular mode     //// this may not be needed for x/z series?
       Copy("\Storage Card\AVIC-APPS\Launcher\launcher-apps.dat", "\My Flash Disk\System\AppsLib\Apps.dat")
       Reset
Else
       # launch your gps app here!
       RunWait("\Storage Card\iGO8\iGO8.exe") 
       Call("restoreComPort")
EndIf

Sub restoreComPort
       If (currentport <> 2)
               StatusMessage("restoring com port for stock nav...")
               RegWriteDWord("HKLM", "\Drivers\BuiltIn\GPS_HWCOM", "Index", 2)
       EndIf
EndSub

not sure if stock navi would bomb out and cause a watchdog reset if it cant open comport

I just picked up an x930bt on ebay that I want to eventually replace my f900bt with..

I would LOVE to run igo primo and keep other HU functionality...

I'm having trouble with this. You can cross reference me on diyma.com forums as the user of the same handle (machine7).

I'm in the middle of an install- any advice would be appreciated:

I downloaded the file, but it seems password protected. Ironic... password protected files to hack password protected files:(

...I downloaded the file, but it seems password protected...

It is kind of tradition here... every couple of pages someone asks about password...

So...

Read first post again, somewhere in the middle on the first post word PASSWORD: , right after word DOWNLOAD

Hey guys I have a U220 and I have read here that you could put Igo 8.3 on the F220 is this the same device just different name because of the map. I'm confuse and just trying to know where there is a step by step on how to do this and the link to the correct files thanks everyone