AVIC411.com

PRICE ALERT! AVIC-Z1 In Stock for $1395.00! Go Go Go!

Gentlemen, Start your engines!

Check this out guys and gals. I just found this ad for Z1's in stock for $1395.00 and it appears to be legit. And you if buy the ND-BC1 camera at the same time, you pay only $75.00 more. Otherwise, the camera by itself is $155.00. Wow, what a bargain! Oh, and these are stated as factory new not refurbished. Give them a call and see what you think.

Here is the link: http://www.theelectronicdealers.com/

Good Luck!

um yeah good luck. the website was created like 5 days ago. and they are in emeryville california which is where one of the last scams were based out of. their (918) 630-6561 phone number says they are out of New Jersey. so good luck with that one. Call and see. the phone number they list with the domain info is 5105952002 and that is linked to many scams as well.

Everything I saw said the 918 phone number was a cell phone out of Tulsa OK, which is the same as the call us CST:

http://www.whitepages.com/10001/search/ ... 9+630-6561

The whois lookup comes up with:

Admin Name........... PrivateRegContact Admin

Admin Address........ P O Box 99800

Admin Address........

Admin Address........ EmeryVille

Admin Address........ 94662

Admin Address........ CA

Admin Address........ US

Admin Email.......... contact@myprivateregistration.com

Admin Phone.......... +1.5105952002

Is that 510 number a private registration for web sites?

I did that with Sminntech, used a private domain reg service to keep my personal info off the who is lookup:

Administrative Contact:

Private, Registration SMINNTECH.COM@domainsbyproxy.com

Domains by Proxy, Inc.

DomainsByProxy.com

15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353

Scottsdale, Arizona 85260

United States

(480) 624-2599 Fax -- (480) 624-2599

I'm not in Scottsdale AZ, I'm in NJ. But someone might look at my whois and think I'm a scammer.

tillithz, I'm not saying you are wrong and this guy isn't a scammer. He very well could be a scammer. But I wonder if the 5105952002 and that is linked to many scams because it's a private reg system. Just a thought.

yes, thats my feeling to, that its linked to scams, but personally, i would stay away from anything that had anything to do with scams in the first place. Its not "his" phone number, but taken in whole with emeryville, the phone number, and the fact that the site is only 5 days old, I would be very very cautious if i were a buyer.. oh and the the price looks to good to be true.. and you know what mom always said about that.

.. and you know what mom always said about that.

I remember what she would say...

"What are you doing in the bathroom day and night? Why don't you get out of there and give someone else a chance!"

yes, thats my feeling to, that its linked to scams, but personally, i would stay away from anything that had anything to do with scams in the first place.

I would hate for some scammers start using the private registration service I used and then have that whois linked to scammers and think that stuff I have is linked to them in any way.

I agree, too good to be true and a way too "new" web site... no matter how it's registered.

Great investigative work guys. Its refreshing to have people looking out for people on this forum. But I have question. Their website states that they accept MC, VISA, etc. I don't know how your credit card companies are, but mine protect me against fraud.

Also, I own a business and accept MC, VISA AMEX and Discover and I was thoroughly scrutinized before being allowed to accept credit cards. Just a thought.

Maybe 140 of us should all pitch in $10 and buy one. Then if we get scammed, we'll only be out 10 bucks each! LOL!

well osuv, you were treated differently, and so have I when getting cc processing. Some companies take huge steps in making sure your legit. I obtained two processors, one with all legit info as I have a business, the second one I gave them a name of a business, which wasnt even a business, I made the name up. Once I paid the 199$ application fee I was able to be accepting cc's. I did this at the time because I didnt want a second processor in the same name with the same processing company. It was a backup and I actually never accepted any payments with them. but it is very easy to get to accepting cards.

ducatiboy, I wouldnt want your registrar to be associated with scams either, hence the obligation to do right and help protect people that we all have. registrars should be responsible for not furthering scams as well. But in the grand scheme of things that one eye brow raising fact isnt much on its own, but compiled with the other variations of facts it presents a very good case against them for being a scam site.

Credit Card rules are such that things can be for or against the customer or the retailer. for example, if you bought one as a customer, and the site didnt have the product, they ship you a box with a brick in it, you get it and call the cc to complain, chances are not many will necessarily believe you, furthermore there is a process that must be followed. Like, filing the dispute, giving the retailer the chance to respond, looking over the responses and evidence and so forth. this all takes time, time that the retailer could be emptying their account and taking the very funds you are disputing out and running off. If that retailer was set up like i mentioned above (my second processor account) theres not much anyone could do if the retailer headed south with your money. Now, keep in mind this is a very broad example and could be reviewed differently, but could also be review the way I mentioned. That is why I suggest staying away from this site. Go with a site that everyone knows, crutchfield, or other legitimate site that has a bit more then 1 'work' week of business under their belt.

Something else to note, that site only takes credit cards through google checkout. So your credit card pays google and then google transfers funds to the seller. There might be issues with calling your credit card company and issuing a charge back to google. I'm not sure how it works, but it might not be issuing a charge back against "the electronics dealers". Just something to keep in mind IF you (or someone) decides to forget the warning signs and orders anyway. But I agree with tillithz, probably not even worth taking the chance.

Hmmm, I guess we'll never know unless someone buys. I agree that it is a risk and one that I'm not willing to take.

DucatiBoy, you mention that their cc processing is done through google checkout. Google is a multimillion dollar corporation. Wouldn't they inherit somewhat of a liability? I certainly find it hard to believe that Google would take the risk of harboring criminal and fraudulent activities through their websites. After all, wouldn't that be a predicate for the RICO statute? Would it not be considered a criminal enterprise? Just speculating out loud.

DucatiBoy, you mention that their cc processing is done through google checkout. Google is a multimillion dollar corporation. Wouldn't they inherit somewhat of a liability? I certainly find it hard to believe that Google would take the risk of harboring criminal and fraudulent activities through their websites. After all, wouldn't that be a predicate for the RICO statute? Would it not be considered a criminal enterprise? Just speculating out loud.

Well I don't know but if they are anything like Paypal, they are so focused on being a widely used payment method I think they focus on getting users not making sure they are legit before they allow them into the fold. I'm sure if enough people complain and after months of checking and so on they might pull them if they are a scam. But you can sign up with an email address and a bank account of some kind. Or maybe the guy is using it to buy other things with the money he makes and it's not linked to a bank account. Honestly I don't know. But like paypal which I use, they didn't do a whole lot of background checking before they let a ton of people send me money.

Anyone email them to ask about picking it up in person to save shipping costs? Thats how I usually seperate the real from the fake

I just did and will post when I get a reply. They supposedly ship for free so I threw out a story about me going on a road trip in two days and not being able to wait for delivery.