AVIC411.com

need help my unit wont boot

well my first post and alredy looking for help but i did read some stuff before messing with my unit and i had a feeling this was going to happen to me so here is what i did ... bluetooth update and got stuck @ 99%

how can i fix this i know i was reading a post about some one doing a back up of the HD well i dont have one plus after that happend i went in to service menu and formated the HD now it just starts and saying no data so can some please tell me how to fix this or where i can get a back up and will i need to have my HD unlocked

Thanks for all the help i may get :D

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without a backup from a previously unlocked drive, I think you're out of luck. Did you get the unit from an authorized retailer so you can send it to Pioneer under warranty?

The only way I can think you might be able to fix it yourself is if someone has a backup image of a new replacement hard drive from Pioneer that hasn't been locked to a Z1 yet. I believe the replacement drives are unlocked and will just marry the first Z1 they're installed in, so a virgin image might fix yours if you can find it.

I have actually been wondering what Pioneer wants for a replacement drive. If it's not too much, I'd almost consider getting one myself just to use as a spare.

some one please post a back up

that's like 10 - 20 gigs in size.

Not that I would be worried about letting someone else use my image, but it's got all my "stuff on it" (home address, phone numbers, etc).

Now your drive is empty and locked. The only way to put anything on it would be to unlock it and then load a stored image on to it.

can you please post ur backup on FTP and ill pay to unlock my drive ...

im sure with my modem i can DL 20 gig in 1 day

some one please post a back up

that's like 10 - 20 gigs in size.

Not that I would be worried about letting someone else use my image, but it's got all my "stuff on it" (home address, phone numbers, etc).

Now your drive is empty and locked. The only way to put anything on it would be to unlock it and then load a stored image on to it.

I thought I remembered someone syaing there is a way to unlock a Hard drive for free, but will erase all the data.

Sounds like that wouldn't be a concern in this case in that his hard drive is formatted anyway.

Now the only thing is getting him an image of a drive. Just a thought....

can you please post ur backup on FTP and ill pay to unlock my drive ...

im sure with my modem i can DL 20 gig in 1 day

Mine won't upload it that fast. You are assuming that mine can upload as fast as yours can download. I think I have 256K upload speed (or something woefully slow). It might be 512K up. Best speed I calculate I would be able to upload that is 111 hours.

Also before I let my image out to the world I would have to save my current one, then wipe my nav system back to factory specs, then make a new image to "share" then restore my current image before I could even attempt uploading it. It's a lot of manipulation of my only drive on my nav system. Doing so with your drive poses no risk because it's already messed up as it is, I can't hurt it worse than it already is.

Not saying I wouldn't do that with my nav's drive, but it will take me a while to "get around to it". It's at least 5 hours of work to go through that.

I thought I remembered someone syaing there is a way to unlock a Hard drive for free, but will erase all the data.

Sounds like that wouldn't be a concern in this case in that his hard drive is formatted anyway.

Good point, it's already empty, there are free utilities that claim to unlock it but lose the data, you could use that and save the $50 for unlocking.

sweet i think lol can you post a link to some unlocking tools ... and any 1 in Canada willing to share backup

Good point, it's already empty, there are free utilities that claim to unlock it but lose the data, you could use that and save the $50 for unlocking.

ok i have this tool here

http://www.directron.com/bt300.html

but for some reason my PC cant find the drive ..

is there more that i need to do before i can hook up to my PC

sweet i think lol can you post a link to some unlocking tools ... and any 1 in Canada willing to share backup

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic. ... &start=150

ok i have this tool here

Because it's locked. Did you unlock the drive? The PC won't find the drive while it's locked through a USB device. You need to hook it right up to the IDE line with something like this

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6812119020

Run whatever too you want to unlock it. We all use the one that costs $50 and saves the data, feel free to try anything you want. Then when you hook it to your adapter it will see it.

hey can you please work on that backup for me :?

ok i have this tool here

Because it's locked. Did you unlock the drive? The PC won't find the drive while it's locked through a USB device. You need to hook it right up to the IDE line with something like this

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6812119020

Run whatever too you want to unlock it. We all use the one that costs $50 and saves the data, feel free to try anything you want. Then when you hook it to your adapter it will see it.