AVIC411.com

need help my unit wont boot

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ohh sorry :oops: so any 1 willing to save the day :?

tillithz's right, it's way too large and cumbersome to transfer over the internet for me. If I had FIOS I would. But it's just too large to mess with my connection maxing it out for a week to upload it. If you want to mail your equipment out, we can work something out. Of course if someone else with an unlocked drive wants to upload their image, please chime in.

MAYBE mail is a better way then ftp for this case. That is of course if the personal info is removable and the creator is willing.

I don't know how to manually remove the files or edit the files to remove the personal information on my images. I don't know if it's possible. I would think the only way is to back up what I have now.... restore the nav to factory defaults, make another image of that, then restore what I have now. Lots of image creation and restoring.

ok 2 things then if i get a new drive and have it unlocked how do i keep it unlocked ???

and will the free tool just unlock my drive and keep it unlocked ??? or do i have to DL a file to make it unlock at all times ???

and how can i backup the drive just rip the folder on my pc then copy to my HD ??? :?

ok 2 things then if i get a new drive and have it unlocked how do i keep it unlocked ???

Get a new drive? You would most likely need an automotive drive from pioneer, we tried with stock laptop drives and they don't seem to be reliable. I think it's a vibration issue.

How to unlock the drive and keep it unlocked:

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=728

and will the free tool just unlock my drive and keep it unlocked ??? or do i have to DL a file to make it unlock at all times ???

No one knows what the free tool will do, no one has used it cause it wipes out the stock drive and no one has wanted to try that. No file, but the instructions are above.

and how can i backup the drive just rip the folder on my pc then copy to my HD ??? :?

It's possible, I used Ghost, or you can use Acronis. If there is nothing on the drive now, there is nothing to backup. If you had a new one, there are 4 partitions on the drive... well read above it's all there.

ducatiboy can you PM ur number so i can just get some info from you

Thanks Vlad

No, sorry. I can help you as much on line, but some people had abused the phone number I had given out early on so I made the decision I wouldn't do that anymore. While it's online, it's on my time frame and on my terms as much as I want. A couple calls while I was in bed or working and at dinner just killed my enthusiasm for giving out my phone number. Not saying you would do that, but they said they wouldn't either. Sorry.

You are NOT screwed!

I got stuck at the 99% too

I just had to burn the update disc diffrent till I got one to work.

I got the 4th one to work and it picked up right at the 99% and finished.

It works just fine.

I got it to work by unziping the downloaded file and placeing the files one at a time into nero and then burning and ISO image on a cd-r

Best of luck.

yaa but after i did that i got in to service menu and formated my HD :(

i think that there is to much info on the net for ppl like me :evil:

You are NOT screwed!

It works just fine.

I got it to work by unziping the downloaded file and placeing the files one at a time into nero and then burning and ISO image on a cd-r

Best of luck.

You are NOT screwed!

It works just fine.

While that's true, did you read his initial post?

after that happend i went in to service menu and formated the HD now it just starts and saying no data so can some please tell me how to fix this or where i can get a back up and will i need to have my HD unlocked

That's why I believe he is screwed (well not screwed, but not as well off as you might think). If he didn't format the HD with the service menu, left the nav alone at 99% and did what you said, he would have been fine. Now with a formatted hard drive.... want to re-evaluate his level of screwed-ness?

lol its still not that bad Pioneer Canada is 10 min walk from my house plus i work for a sterio place and authorized pioneer dealer so i dont think its that bad ....

BTW i was messing with the drive some more i put in my laptop and booted up and it was asking me for a password .... so tomorrow when i drop by pioneer ill get the password for my HD also and if im correct they all use same pass ... so that can be a good turn out after all