AVIC411.com

POLL: If Pioneer could correct only one Z1 flaw for 2007...

If Pioneer could correct just one flaw of my AVIC-Z1, I would want them to...  

87 members have voted

1. 1. If Pioneer could correct just one flaw of my AVIC-Z1, I would want them to...

• improve its navigation!
    • improve the IPOD reaction time!
    • allow MP3 downloading!
    • allow lower case type editing!
    • add nice icons to the SIRIUS channel lineup like XM's icons!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was really, really tough for me to choose 1 thing. Considering that the top reason I got this thing is for the navigation capabilities, that's what I had to go with. But a very close second would have to be fixing the iPod controls. I have over 8,000 songs on my iPod now, and navigating with the on-screen menu is just too slow. If I didn't have an iPod, I would definitely want to have the ability to upload my MP3s. Although not being able to easily upgrade the 2.5" drive in the unit pretty much kills that desire.

Yeah it is a tough decision.

I had to choose navigation. There are so many addresses that it cannot find. And being an appraiser, I rely on navigation quite often. I think this unit will get better over time with software upgrades. Only time will tell. Thank you for the input.

Kevin

If Pioneer could correct just one flaw of my AVIC-Z1, I would want them to...
Hell, I guess you guys know how I voted... :wink:

Um hmm let me think about that for a sec.... OH I know! "add nice icons to the SIRIUS channel lineup like XM's icons!"

Am I right?

I voted for faster iPod integration, since that's what I use the most, even more than the navigation.

I haven't had much of a problem with the navigation in my area, so after the iPod, I'd say the ability to either enter lowercase letters or upload mp3s - but I barely use that since I always have my iPod in the glove box.

It's gotten to the point where if my wife wants to hear a certain artist or song, and I know it's in the middle of a list, I'll have her disconnect the iPod, find what she wants, then plug it back in. :(

I absolutely love the twin view map - I keep a close up 3d view with a further out "north up" 2d view. When navigating, this view usually allows me to find where I want to be, even if the address isn't found.

I must say, this twin view is much better than my Aviator's stock nav unit's twin view.

1 Eliminate the nag screen!! Why the heck do we have to click OK every time we get in the dam car!

2 how about an easy way to call your destination?!

3 How about iPod control that works with podcasts!

4 ability to access a keypad after a call has gone though or a shortcut to this.