AVIC411.com

Another Cydia app: DisplayOut AutoToggle

I wrote another plugin geared towards the AppRadio that makes using DisplayOut a bit easier. It's called AutoToggle for DisplayOut, available in Cydia. It will automatically turn on DisplayOut when you launch an app and turn it off when you close the app, so you don't have any conflicts with the apps that natively support the radio. It will also force the screen orientation to landscape, so the app displays correctly on the screen. You can select which applications it works with in the Settings app.

Let me know if you have any issues with it.

• 1 month later...

Hi Mike,

I will soon be a Mimics Dash user (http://www.mp3car.com/mimics/) and I wanted to write you with some feature requests for your "Display Autotoggle" app for iPhone- most of this will be equally helpful for Pioneer users:

- Most importantly: users of both Pioneer and Mimics Dash units typically use their phone both alone (where they prefer portrait rotation) and with their car systems (where they prefer landscape whenever possible). The easiest way to handle this would be to make "DisplayOut AutoToggle" have an app icon or SBSettings Toggle- selecting the app icon / SB Toggle would enable "car stereo mode"- where everything would be landscape for car use. Selecting the app icon again (or disabling the SB Toggle) would enable "phone mode" where everything would be standard rotation. This would enable easy switching between car and phone modes with only a single click.

- Your application provides an option to selectively enable rotation for individual apps. For Mimics users, we would like ALL apps autorotated, so it would be nice to have this option without having to go through and select it for every app.

- I'm not sure if your app will also rotate the springboard (like SBRotator), but this would be a necessary feature for Mimics, as well.

Please let me know what you think. You'd make a lot of Mimics users happy with these changes, and I'm sure Pioneer users, as well.

Thanks for your hard work.

• 3 months later...

Hi Mike

Great work and app but having some issues. Some apps work and some don't.

For example, the standard Apple Calculator works. It switches to landscape mode and the display shown on the AppRadio. BBC iplayer however switches to landscape but does not display on the AppRadio.

However if I disable the app from Autotoggle, enable Display Out and then select BBC iplayer, turn my iPhone to landscape it displays the screen on the AppRadio.

Any ideas? Much appreciated.

Cheers

Marc