AVIC411.com

Hey guys,

1st post, glad to have found this site for the bumpy (but hopefully positive overall) road ahead with my new AppRadio.

I'm up and running, but one thing I find frustrating is the poor implementation of ipod control while using anything other than the 'ipod' app built into the unit. I was thinking maybe I could remedy this by having some physical buttons on the steering wheel. Has anyone tried adding some in, for example the Pioneer CD-SR100 (http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/products/25/38/301/CD-SR100/index.html)?

Does anyone know if the CD-SR100 would even work with the appradio, using the SWC connection on the back of the unit?

Thanks in advance for the help!!!

• 1 year later...

To use the CDSR100, I think you're going to need to wire in an IR receiver to the appradio. There is one aftermarket one that works with Pioneer - PAC WRI-P for $30 or so. Not sure what functions will work with the appradio. The receiver indicates that cursor control is possible with a joystick, as some of the Pioneer square remotes have a joystick.

You're going to need to try this and report back to us.