AVIC411.com

Before you upgrade your iPhone to iOS 5

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i still have not updated to ISO5 im waiting untill there is a confirmed fix for it

i think there are alot of things wrong with ISO5 and e all wanted it to be rushed out fast cause we all heard good things about it but point blank they rushed it out to fast i think because they wanted to put something out in Steve Job's memory and wanted ISO5 to be the latest legacy for him well it did not work it back fired i heard with in the first 4 days there was already a recal on the 4s or ISO5 that sucks

so im still usuing my old one i did update my dads 3gs to ISO5 i think i may just test his phone out in my car to see what happens and all

but im not switching not yet

i think that the only thing that will fix this is for Pioneer to do a Firmware updated

because you got to think about it if its having the problems with all the units no matter what firmware if you ahve 3.000 or 3.001 then its got to be a firmware compatability issue between the pioneer firmware and the ISO5

they did the 3.001 update to fix the VR on the Z series and aha radio issues on the X seeries from what i understand so i don't see why they won't adress the ISO5 problem with a firmware fix just takes time

I came across this link of a web site that claims to allow you to download and install older versions of iPod/iTouch/iPhone/iPad firmware - and instructions on how to upgrade and downgrade your OS. This might help some of you who now regret the Apple iOS 5.0 upgrade. http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/#

Disclaimer: I have not tried this process, so I can't help with questions or vouch for this. Just thought it might be useful for some here.

Pandora released an update in 11/2 which fixed their end o the problem. U can now switch back and forth btwn pandora & other apps & pandora will pick up where it left off w/out asking you to start the app from your phone or the pause/play issue. However pioneer & aha have yet to release an update to resolve the iPod & aha radio issues respectively. So for now (after updating pandora on ur phone) if you switch off your iPod to pandora, when you go back to iPod you have to select a song/playlist again or else pandora will continue to play.

Is anyone else still having an issue with this? The only way I can get Pandora to play is by launching it and putting the unit on iPod mode. Yes, it plays and I can get cover art, but you lose the thumbs up/down options and the ability to change Pandora stations. It is also rediculous that I have to select a song or use VR just to get the iPod playing again when I'm already in iPod mode. Is it too much to ask for to listen to Pandora when using the Pandora mode and iPod in iPod mode??? I also don't see anywhere to get support directly from Pioneer and they've already declared the issue as resolved.

Can anyone tell me if this is a problem for anyone else or is it just me? Perhaps I need to do things in a specific order for this to work? I've tried multiple ways with the same results.

3GS running ios5 on Z120BT.

How can we get any word directly from Pioneer? I've sent their support two requests that have gone unanswered.

Do you have a Z120 that's been upgraded to a Z130, or are you still using the old maps/firmware? Worst comes to worst, try uninstalling Pandora and reinstalling from scratch. I've had to do that on a few of my apps where functionality disappeared after an update. Pandora seems to be working great for me now that they updated the app.

I have a Z110 that was upgraded to Z120. I suppose I could pay for the upgrade to a 130, but I shouldn't have to pay for something that previously worked. I have removed Pandora completely and reinstalled from scratch, but the behavior is definitely sporadic. I have to stop and launch Pandora 6 times to get it to play when actually using the Pandora tab. The other alternative is to launch Pandora while on the Pandora tab and then switch to iPod...it then plays Pandora while on the iPod tab! I then have to select a playlist, artist, etc manually (or voice activiated) to get it to play music from the iPod. If I then switch back to Pandora it works, but then if I disconnect the phone and reconnect at a later time I'm right back to where I started which is either listening to Pandora while on the iPod tab or shutting it down and restarting the app 6 or 7 times to get it work. What makes it more frustrating is that Pioneer does't respond to ANY support requests.

Any ideas other than paying for an upgrade that I really don't need?

OK, so I updated to 130 and for the most part it is working correctly now. The only issue now is what Jimmi-J references above where it stll continues to play Pandora when you switch back to iPod. Given Pioneer's quick response to everything, maybe they'll have this fixed by the time the 140 comes out and we'll have to do another update for something that previously worked.

Unfortunately, it doesn't appear to have addressed the issue. If you switch to iPod after listening to Pandora, it still plays Pandora unless you start a playlist or song again. It's not that big a deal, more of an inconvenience than a real problem, but it is frustrating when software doesn't appear to go through proper QA in a rush to release and then they declare the issue fixed on top of not responding to support requests. Bottom line is that it still doesn't work as it did previously and I had to do a paid upgrade to resolve the major issues....major fail!

I also have the problem when switching from Pandora to iPod - hopefully they will address that in a new patch soon. Also, I just updated Ah-Ah Radio with a description of fixes that said IOS5 and Pioneer. I have not had the chance to check it out yet. Hopefully this is one more step back to just complaining about the horrible GPS.