AVIC411.com

AVICnet 2.1 for AVIC F series, working OBDII! Updated 2014/04/30

Hello,

Once installed Avicnet in EU dispositive I have the following problems are likely solution:

1 - The USB device is not recognized by the system (as if the key is not connected)

2 - Avicnet does an automatic reboot if I start (even, with inserted SD and without)

3 - Avicnet performed mute the car radio (even without running Primo), and do not activate it again (with Pioneer v2.07 I could hear the car radio and when the GPS speak the radio sound is muted, then continue the radio. When I was listening to the radio or USB or SD, GPS mute the music to speak). Not now, whenever I boot AVICNET radio is muted. (and the GPS speak over SD music - This is not a problem ) ¿?

I still use Primo 1.2 incorporate in Avicnet, is posible that Primo 1.0 (post 2) be the solution?

4 - adjustment of pioneer (not avicnet) MUTE button is inactive

And is it possible to use a USB phone as a modem? How? (nokia c6-01)

Thank for your contributions, and excuse me for mi bad english (I´m spanish)

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

Once installed Avicnet in EU dispositive I have the following problems are likely solution:

1 - The USB device is not recognized by the system (as if the key is not connected)

2 - Avicnet does an automatic reboot if I start (even, with inserted SD and without)

3 - Avicnet performed mute the car radio (even without running Primo), and do not activate it again (with Pioneer v2.07 I could hear the car radio and when the GPS speak the radio sound is muted, then continue the radio. When I was listening to the radio or USB or SD, GPS mute the music to speak). Not now, whenever I boot AVICNET radio is muted. (and the GPS speak over SD music - This is not a problem ) ¿?

I still use Primo 1.2 incorporate in Avicnet, is posible that Primo 1.0 (post 2) be the solution?

4 - adjustment of pioneer (not avicnet) MUTE button is inactive

And is it possible to use a USB phone as a modem? How? (nokia c6-01)

Thank for your contributions, and excuse me for mi bad english (I´m spanish)

Hi, I'm not quite sure what you are asking but will try to help.

1) Glad your USB is working.

2) It reboots after a hard reset (after booting into testmode or booting for the first time). This is to change the registry to support additional USB devices, load smaller DPI to make Total Commander easier to use, ect. Some users have reported a double reset each time the unit starts; I believe this may be vehicle specific due to a low voltage upon starting. I have been busy lately but when I find some time I will upload a fix so the double restart doesn't happen.

3) You could try Primo 1.0, although it is not as polished as 1.2 the sound and buttons work perfectly. Note the spoken dialog for directions does not mute the music like the stock iGo does; rather it speaks overtop.

4) Which mute button are you referring too? Is it in the settings somewhere? I haven't noticed this issue.

So far as a phone for a modem, I believe the drivers included are for certain usb 3g devices. It would be quite an accomplishment to share internet from a phone, but there are no RNDIS drivers present. At this point it is not possible.

On another note, did anyone else try HOBD yet? I bought the full version which gives you trends and graphs on most of the specs, wow is it awesome!

I have a few questions.

1) Is it possible to replace igo8 with primo completely?

2) whenever I start Primo 1.0, after a minute or two I get a message saying something like: main power failed will continue on battery. Is it possible to fix that?

3) Is it possible to have the IPOD current track display like it did in igo8?

4) Is it possible to have the on screen highway signs display smaller?

-Thanks.

I don't see anywhere where you can add custom codes in HOBD.

To answer your other questions,

1) I wish we could replace iGo8 with Primo, but unfortunately we can't just yet. I tried replacing the stock ezrider.exe with a Primo exe renamed ezrider.exe and Primo does boot but the "System startup, please wait" message does not go away and the unit reboots in about 5 minutes. The system seems to be looking for some confirmation from ezrider that iGo8 booted OK and Primo does not provide that confirmation. I searched and searched but couldn't find anything on how to remove that message, You can set Primo to autostart, it is a minor inconvenience waiting a little longer but at least the unit boots to Primo.

2) I think Primo was designed for dash-top units with batteries and it seems to get confused and display that message. There are many sys.txt commands and their explanations on many sites, maybe all it would take is the right one to insure that message does not appear. Again, it is a minor inconvenience that wouldn't be worth the time it would take to find a fix.

3) Maybe, try the auto launch option. The AV windows seem to go overtop of the window to the program they see upon launch (Igo8). Note if it did display that information it would overlap the bottom of the screen where Primo has it's info bar.

4) That would depend on the skin and their aren't too many fro Primo 1.0, especially for 800x480 devices. When I started using Primo it was on my WiMo phone with it's tiny screen, and large signboards were required to view them properly. Perhaps that is the reason they are so large, because it was made for devices with smaller screens? Funny, I remember preferring to use my Phone for navigation over my AVIC just because I found Primo so user friendly. Anyways, look around and you may find a skin for Primo 1.2 that allows for smaller signboards.

On another note I see that there are versions of Primo 2.0 available here and there, with licensing issues unfortunately. I can't wait for a cracked version with 800x480 support :)

My double start issue was caused by the voltage drop when I start my 4x4. I fixed it by running the main 12v wire (the yellow wire) from my aux battery (dual battery setup).

I went 4 wheel driving the other weekend and really liked the Oziexplorer maps, very helpful :)

The only thing I would like to change is the default igo program with the one from Diaftia's mod as it look better, but I think I read somewhere that it would be too much work to do???

My double start issue was caused by the voltage drop when I start my 4x4. I fixed it by running the main 12v wire (the yellow wire) from my aux battery (dual battery setup).

I went 4 wheel driving the other weekend and really liked the Oziexplorer maps, very helpful :)

The only thing I would like to change is the default igo program with the one from Diaftia's mod as it look better, but I think I read somewhere that it would be too much work to do???

I would like to get the default as daftia's mod too, I agree that it looks better.