AVIC411.com

AVICnet 2.1 for AVIC F series, working OBDII! Updated 2014/04/30

Hey Ryar,

Just happen to pass-by and glad to see you're doing great. You're almost the only one right now to make the forum run and everyone owes that to you. Continue my friend! :)

I see that you have also made Primo 2.0 working great too and I'm really interested to see its new functionalities. I would incorporate it to my existing mod instead of using AVICnet though, but I believe that it would be only for my own usage, since my thread is now almost dead!

Not too late still can say Happy New Year to everybody!

Chuck.

Hey Chuck, it's nice to hear from you! Happy belated holidays to you as well. Unfortunately there are few new features with Primo 2.0 however I find it to run much smoother with higher fps which is a welcome and impressive change. A few things I have noticed, the upload on this thread has a custom skin built in. One thing I have found is after updating to GJ's newest skin Primo wasn't quite as snappy, be warned it is best to use it as downloaded for best performance. I haven't attempted to get TTS working with 2.0 however for those having issues make sure to use TTS files which worked with 1.2 and not 1.0. I believe they are on the 2nd post of the Primo thread.

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can someone help me I'm trying to run the app of my SD card, I try the step in the installation post but it doesnt since to work for me or I would like to put the content folder on my sd card and have IGO and Primo Grab it form there. If Anyone know how to do it plaese reply with the code so i can copy and pasted on Sys.text under folder. Any help will be appreciated. thank you

Make sure to delete all lines under (FOLDER) in the sys.txt. Primo will then look in the content folder for maps, ect.

Please excuse my unknowing. Is there a specific model we need to look for when downloading maps for TomTom or Garmin? I didn't see any specifics on that.

Also, is there a way to make the PRIMO the default map? When I load Primo, it loads the Primo w igo8, when I hit map, it reverts back to the w/o igo8 map look?

Going to try this out, just installing now. Coming from Abb's mod that has been installed for over a year, needed a change for a bit. Looks good, hope it runs good. Installing on a f90bt.

For TomTom the maps must be activated to your specific unit which is a bit of a process, do a google search and it will yield results on how to do this. I got the maps working and then deleted them to make room for more content for Primo, TomTom is lightyears behind Primo IMHO and not worth the space for maps. For Garmin it is a little easier, you can located and download pre-activated maps.

The button mappings only work on Primo 1.0, however for 1.2 and 2.0 the buttons will have the same functionality as stock. It seems NNG is buckling down with newer versions of Primo to handicap many functions on devices which were not originally shipped with Primo.

Make sure to delete all lines under (FOLDER) in the sys.txt. Primo will then look in the content folder for maps, ect.

For TomTom the maps must be activated to your specific unit which is a bit of a process, do a google search and it will yield results on how to do this. I got the maps working and then deleted them to make room for more content for Primo, TomTom is lightyears behind Primo IMHO and not worth the space for maps. For Garmin it is a little easier, you can located and download pre-activated maps.

The button mappings only work on Primo 1.0, however for 1.2 and 2.0 the buttons will have the same functionality as stock. It seems NNG is buckling down with newer versions of Primo to handicap many functions on devices which were not originally shipped with Primo.

Thank you Ryar, I did get IGO to grab the Map From the SDcard by Putting this code under folder

content="Storage Card\Content"

However I try doing the same step to primo and it doen't work.

Hey Chuck, it's nice to hear from you! Happy belated holidays to you as well. Unfortunately there are few new features with Primo 2.0 however I find it to run much smoother with higher fps which is a welcome and impressive change. A few things I have noticed, the upload on this thread has a custom skin built in. One thing I have found is after updating to GJ's newest skin Primo wasn't quite as snappy, be warned it is best to use it as downloaded for best performance. I haven't attempted to get TTS working with 2.0 however for those having issues make sure to use TTS files which worked with 1.2 and not 1.0. I believe they are on the 2nd post of the Primo thread.

Ryar,

I use diMkaWA P1.51 skin and didn't have the frame rate problem. Make sure that you use the GJ skin destinated for Primo 2.0.

I also have TTS Pro operational with the VAUTOV5.DLL and tts_nua_v5 folder sitting in the base Primo folder, there are 3 or 4 US English voices.

Please note that I embedded Primo 2.0 into my mod, so your usage with AVICnet might vary ... I also use the previous SYS.txt for Primo 1.2, but change the device name to device="Primo", but I don't think that matters.

As for the new features, the single most important one that I retained is the Artificial-Intelligence for congestion-detection and suggested alternated routing. I love it.

However the double-clicking to bring up the top Primo menu is no longer working? Any change that I should perform in the BUTTON.* or related setup?

Later!

I know this is going to sound greedy...

Has anyone managed to get TMC working in Primo 1.0? I've got it working in 1.2 and 2.0 but I'd really like to have it in 1.0 as well as that one comes with audio enabled automatically.

Alternatively, are there any signs of 1.2 or 2.0 getting audio to work automatically (ie without playing an audio file from the scdard before launching).

Alright, sorry for the questions, but when I haven't hacked in awhile, I get a little mixed up. I am trying to put PRIMO 2.0 on this thing now to check it out. I put the Prim3 folder in the APL2 folder and no Primo 2 icon. So I deleted everything out of the APL folder except iGo folder with maps, etc and installed the PRIMO3 folder and still nothing. Could you direct me a bit, please?

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, dang it, got the VSS issue with PRIMO.

Just to be clear.

1. Unhook VSS wire.

2. Hard reset.

3. Restart unit and open PRIMO

4. Once GPS is locked I can reconnect VSS?

Is this correct?

The VSS doesn't matter, it is the gyro which is the problem on the f900bt. You can hook it up and it will work fine.

I use diMkaWA P1.51 skin and didn't have the frame rate problem. Make sure that you use the GJ skin destinated for Primo 2.0.

I wouldn't say there is a framerate problem, I was just making an observation Primo runs smoother without custom skins.

Alright, sorry for the questions, but when I haven't hacked in awhile, I get a little mixed up. I am trying to put PRIMO 2.0 on this thing now to check it out. I put the Prim3 folder in the APL2 folder and no Primo 2 icon. So I deleted everything out of the APL folder except iGo folder with maps, etc and installed the PRIMO3 folder and still nothing. Could you direct me a bit, please?

Make sure to copy the files in the USER folder, these are the ones which will give you the new icon to Primo 2.0.

main package links not working?

I will re-upload this weekend sometime. Thanks for letting me know.

Thank you Ryar, I did get IGO to grab the Map From the SDcard by Putting this code under folder

content="Storage Card\Content"

However I try doing the same step to primo and it doen't work.

Not sure bud, it should work if the lines in the sys.txt are deleted. Since Primo shares content with the stock iGo, why not run if from your units flash disk? It takes minimal space without content.

I know this is going to sound greedy...

Has anyone managed to get TMC working in Primo 1.0? I've got it working in 1.2 and 2.0 but I'd really like to have it in 1.0 as well as that one comes with audio enabled automatically.

Alternatively, are there any signs of 1.2 or 2.0 getting audio to work automatically (ie without playing an audio file from the scdard before launching).

Not sure about TMC but we need someone comfortable with decomplining exe files in order to get audio to work regardless of source. I have an idea where the issue lies but am not skilled enough to pick apart an exe. As our units are aging there is less interest in modding them, at this point unfortunately it appears as though we will not get sound working in 1.2 and 2.0.

Too bad, I was playing with one of Pioneers new in-dash GPSs at the store the other day and the stock gps program is terrible compared to Primo IMHO. A good example of how newer isn't always better.

ÃŽÅ“any greetings from GREECE. Please upload main package link. I follow the topic for 3 weeks. I have placed the Italian version but my Italian is non-existent and I can not set up. Between us, my English is not so quite well but I think I will do better thanks. I wait 3 weeks (for links) so I decided to write even from automatic translation.Thank you again very much