AVIC411.com

AVICnet 2.1 for AVIC F series, working OBDII! Updated 2014/04/30

Thanks Blankers. Did you also install the WinCE update that disables the gyro or did you skip that?

Looks like I'm also having the same Bluetooth issues as you. I checked Blankers WinCE and it's the same Gyro disabling one. I'll try switching back to a regular WinCE since I'm not a fan of that Primo anyway. I've got an f900bt as well.

In fact, I'm mainly interested in the OBDII stuff as I got one of the USB readers from eBay. My preference for navigation is Daftia's mod, but I read somewhere that it's resource heavy so it would be hard to integrate into AvicNet. Anybody know how difficult it would be to add the OBDII functionality on top of something like Daftia's mod?

Thanks,

PMS

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you look at the main completed mods section,you will see under Stan/Andr mod with primo,I have put a link to a fully working flash drive.This would at least get you going again.

I haven't taken a look at that Stan/Andr mod yet so perhaps I'll give it a try. I'm fairly new to this, but I'm guessing if you can "insert" primo into the menu system, I should be able to figure out how to stick the OBDII stuff in there. Though I'm guessing it's a bit more complicated since there are drivers and COM ports and what not.

I guess I have a lot of reading ahead of me.

Thanks,

PMS

Just reloaded again and I'm still getting Italian. I noticed that I don't get the initial setup process, but I wiped 'My Flash Disk' clean before copying over.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

PMS

Maybe just try it again? I wiped my flash disk and I ended up just using the included english DATA.zip from the AvicNet package, did it from scratch, and when I started it up I was able to select the language. Seems that initial startup may be buggy. Everything except Bluetooth is working now.

I'm going to try again this weekend to get the Bluetooth going. I read in a few threads about some config file that identifies your F900 as being NA or Euro or whatever. I'm going to try and flip it to NA (if its not already) and then try to install the bluetooth update from the pioneer site again.... hopefully that works.

I pretty much only want this for the OBDII as well, the other stuff is secondary. I don't care at all about the additional NAV programs either. The original WinCE6 image is in the hybrid 4.0001 torrent in the other thread. I pulled it out from there, gonna give it a try as well to see if I can get this going.... OBDII would be great, but no bluetooth is a deal breaker...

If you do figure out how to just add OBDII to a menu (not nav), please share. I'm going to be trying to figure out the same thing as well...

Just read through the whole thread (phew!) and so now I'm not sure what advantage that this Italian version has. So I went to download Ryar's from Post#2, however it looks like it's been taken down. Or at least, the download site is saying that only the uploader is allowed to access the file so he needs to login.

Does anyone have Ryar's NA version that they could re-upload?

Thanks,

PMS

So I just found a few things that point to the issue with the bluetooth being related to an issue with the sys.txt being the EU version. I found this thread that outlines a workaround:

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/19687-bluetooth-software-missing/

Looking at the my flash disk files from avicnet2.1, the sys.txt is for the euro model. I'm going to try flipping it to the US model and then attempt to reload the bluetooth software. Will report back tomorrow...

Looking at the my flash disk files from avicnet2.1, the sys.txt is for the euro model. I'm going to try flipping it to the US model and then attempt to reload the bluetooth software. Will report back tomorrow...

Cool, looks like you're on the right track. As for my getting English turned on, still no luck after 3 tries. Perhaps it may have to do with how the system is restarted after copying over the MFD? There's either the physical restart button, the restart icon on the WinCE desktop, or just shutting off power. I'd think that the icon would be best at closing things down gracefully, but I'm pretty certain I've used that on at least one of my tries. I'm just not getting the expected process to choose your options on the first boot up.

-PMS

Success!!!!!!!

It looks like the bluetooth problem is because of the model mismatch between sys.txt and the unit. I copied the sys_746UC.txt file to sys.txt in \apl2\igo (backing up existing sys.txt) and reloaded the flash disk (probably not required but i had messed around with the bluetooth dlls and tel.exe and wanted a fresh start). The unit started up, did some stuff, rebooted, did it again, rebooted again and all the AvicNet submenus were in english by default. Then just had to change the avic system settings to english. Went into the phone settings, went to bluetooth update, and the version was now there (the 3.3 version). Set the phone up no problem and its working like a charm.

One last bug, for some reason when I try to go to the SD card as the AV source, I'm not seeing anything. Gonna mess around and see what the issue is there.... but my sirius, ipod, am, fm, everything else, is working fine... will report back!

EDIT: I think it's just trying to scan all the files on the SD card. When in the detail view, it says "Now Loading"... maybe just taking a while... gonna let it run.

EDIT2: So I let it sit for about a half hour and it's still not finding any music on the SD card. If I load up total commander, you can see the SD card and the mp3s on it so I'm not sure what the issue is. Any ideas?

One last bug, for some reason when I try to go to the SD card as the AV source, I'm not seeing anything. Gonna mess around and see what the issue is there.... but my sirius, ipod, am, fm, everything else, is working fine... will report back!

Thanks for the find! Just loaded it with the fixed sys.txt and looks like I'm in the exact same boat as you now. Got it English for the iGO and main menus, Bluetooth is working fine, but it just stays on the "Now Loading" for SD music. I'll poke around through the forums for a bit so see where that is configured.

I also tried out Primo, but that's still in Italian. Hard to find a settings menu to switch it to English. Doesn't seem to be picking up the maps either. I'll also search the forums for that to see if there's some help somewhere with Primo menus.

Still thinking that Ryar's version might be fine and hopefully doesn't have any of these issues, however the links at the beginning of the thread are no longer allowing downloads. So if anyone has a copy it'd be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-PMS

Thanks for the find! Just loaded it with the fixed sys.txt and looks like I'm in the exact same boat as you now. Got it English for the iGO and main menus, Bluetooth is working fine, but it just stays on the "Now Loading" for SD music. I'll poke around through the forums for a bit so see where that is configured.

I also tried out Primo, but that's still in Italian. Hard to find a settings menu to switch it to English. Doesn't seem to be picking up the maps either. I'll also search the forums for that to see if there's some help somewhere with Primo menus.

Still thinking that Ryar's version might be fine and hopefully doesn't have any of these issues, however the links at the beginning of the thread are no longer allowing downloads. So if anyone has a copy it'd be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-PMS

https://rapidshare.com/files/1139260069/AVICnetPrimo.rar

Here it is :-P

I found this thread and someone who seems to have addressed the issue:

http://avic411.com/i...post__p__146018

I'm not sure I fully understand what he did. Seems to basically not have upgraded the "PLT" folder.

EDIT: I really don't know what this "PLT" folder is. I don't see it in the AvicNet files. Any idea what it is?

PMS: Did you delete the device.nng file from your sd card after the update? Apparently it's a file that identifies your device. I'm wondering if it doesn't need to be recreated (which happens automatically if its not found) based on the new firmware version we are running. I'm going to give it a try tonight, but let me know please if you get a chance to try that before I do and if it works for you.