AVIC411.com

Z120BT - CNSD210 (2011) Update problem

Yeah, that's about right. You don't really need to install 2.003. Just patch it with the 2.004 files & then install.

After that install CNSD210-FM from wherever you can find it . I can't vouch for that torrent on Pirate's Bay.

Yes, the second SD1 is a typo. I thought this was all pretty clear in the initial instructions. It got cluttered up mostly by non-detail oriented people having problems understanding the instructions.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And after I made my post I checked my Z120BT software version and it read 02.000

Thanks RonS for clearing that up.

One more question:

Is the patch for 2.004 a cracked software? Which one of the files is actually cracked intended to bypass pioneer security?

And after I made my post I checked my Z120BT software version and it read 02.000

Thanks RonS for clearing that up.

One more question:

Is the patch for 2.004 a cracked software? Which one of the files is actually cracked intended to bypass pioneer security?

I don't remember which files do what. ShortFuse wrote a few posts explaning how he did it (initially with the Z110 upgrade CNSD110-FM). If you are that interested, happy hunting! I believe the two ShortFuse files that replace the 2.003 files (of the same name in there corresponding folders) - one changed the version # to v2.004 and the other bypasses the unique password validation on the next upgrade.

AFA running 2.000, are you sure you are looking at the hidden screen? You might actually be at v2.003. Doesn't matter, just download 2.003. Don't need to install it 1st. Just patch it and install 2.004.

Wow, that was the most stressful update ever! In the middle of the SD1 update I ran into "Incorrect SD card" error many times. I tried reinserting the card but after going up another 1% the error would show again. I did find a solution however. I think the problem was my super huge (32GB) and speedy (Class 10) SanDisk SD card. the head unit couldn't handle all of that speed. =) Without ever turning off the car or radio, I went back inside and found an older 4GB SanDisk SD card. After transferring the necessary SD1 files over, the update finished no problem. Also using the same card I updated the bluetooth firmware from 3.11 to 3.22 with the SD2 files.

Just a note about the SD2 update part; I had to go to the bluetooth menu and then select Firmware Update from the end of the list of options. This process took about 10 min and had no progress bar. So remember that the unit doesn't boot in any sort of update mode before applying the bluetooth update.

Once again this was very stressful. Double check that your files unzip/unrar with 0 errors and be sure to use a 4GB SD card!

AFA running 2.000, are you sure you are looking at the hidden screen? You might actually be at v2.003. Doesn't matter, just download 2.003. Don't need to install it 1st. Just patch it and install 2.004.

@RonS, Sorry I didn't know about the hidden screen before. I actually found it from another forum and checked my software; it showed 2.004

Looks like my order of operations was correct.

I didn't notice any significant performance increase after the software update. I did notice some new app icons like the Aha Radio, Pandora, Street View, etc.

A new function I think is when I go into reverse to use the backup camera, the audio cuts out. I guess that's a plus. Anyone else notice this?

I can't believe that Pioneer Electronics has a new 140BH coming out.... why do I even bother with updating my old crappy 120BT. Hahaha

Anyways, RonS thanks a lot for the help! You rock man!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so I have the Z120BT. I updated from the 2.000 to 2.003 when it first came out. Now I'm trying to install the cnsd-210FM update. I downloaded everything and extracted it and put it on my SD card. It asks if I want to install update I click "Yes" then I type "PASSWORDPASSWORD" when asked but it keeps asking me "retype password?" What am I doing wrong??

please help me

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

To get around the password,

Download the official firmware from Pioneer, Download AVIC-Z120BT Firmware Update Version 2.003

Then download the firmware hack, AVICZ110BT-2.004.zip (25.75K)

Extract both .ZIP files. You will now have one folder called " AVICZ110 " this is the official update, and you will have two files " EU090APL.VER " and " RenewalIFLib.dll ".

Cut the " EU090APL.VER " file and past into the " AVICZ110 " folder replacing the original file. Now cut the " RenewalIFLib.dll " and paste into " AVICZ110/APL " folder, again replacing the original file.

Copy the " AVICZ110 folder to the root of you SD card.

Insert the SD card into your 120 and let the unit update.

To update maps,

Assuming you are in the US, download this torrent, " http://thepiratebay....M_US_CAN_UPDATE "

Extract the .rar. You will have two folders called " SD1 " " and SD1 ". Open the " SD1 " folder and copy the contents, 2 folders and 1 file, onto a blank SD card.

Insert the SD card into your 120. You will be asked for a password, type in " PASSWORDPASSWORD ", then let the unit update. This will take around 15 min. This will update maps and apps. Remove the SD card.

Clear the SD card and open the folder " SD2 " copy the folder called " FIRMWARE ", to your SD card.

Insert the SD card into your 120 and let the unit update. This will update the Bluetooth. Remove the SD card.

That should be it if I didn't forget anything.

My z120BT was previously updated to 2.003 firmware from Pioneer. I want to upgrade to the z130BT Do I follow these directions exactly? It sounds like these are for people who are at 2.000 and want to upgrade to the z130. Please clarify before I start. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hey I'm new to the forum. I'm trying to upgrade to the CNSD-21FM on my 120bt. i've downloaded the 2.004 hack and followed the instructions posted to a t. the head unit will run the update and get to 100% then it says update failed and will run the update again with the same result..Noticed someone else had the same problem. Has anyone figured out what the problem is? My head unit was already updated to version 2.003 before trying to run it with the hack. thanks in advance

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Made it to the hacked 2.004 fine, but the SD1 update didn't work (just sits there). Currently my unit is in a locked state (lost power, stupid me put a password on it and forgot it), and I was told of success stories with a Z130bt upgrade that the upgrade bypasses the security and the unit can be unlocked.

I used the same card that worked for reading mp3 and avi files when the unit was functional, and did the first upgrade flawlessly. Any clue? Should I be pressing any buttons on boot?

Made it to the hacked 2.004 fine, but the SD1 update didn't work (just sits there). Currently my unit is in a locked state (lost power, stupid me put a password on it and forgot it), and I was told of success stories with a Z130bt upgrade that the upgrade bypasses the security and the unit can be unlocked.

I used the same card that worked for reading mp3 and avi files when the unit was functional, and did the first upgrade flawlessly. Any clue? Should I be pressing any buttons on boot?

First, to get the SD card out - with the ignition off, hold (and continue to hold) the eject button. Turn the ignition to ACC and continue holding eject for about 5 seconds, then release the eject button.

Next. see this post/thread on how to find the password

http://avic411.com/i..._45#entry259263

Since your upgrade failed, it isn't clear what state yout unit is in. Try removing the SD and restarting the unit with the ignition key.

BTW, why are you upgrading with old software? I'd use CNSD310FM for the latest maps/features:

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/35230-2012-uscan-maps-cnsd-310fmuc-upgrade-updated-to-supereasymethod-beta/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...