AVIC411.com

i had a d2 profesionally installed in my vw passat. only other "accessories" i have, are a jl stealthbox sub and a pioneer 12 disc changer.

i recently decided to make an aux input port on an empty dash piece. so i bought a 2 rca male to 1 3.5mm female cable. i secured the 3.5mm side on the dash, and connected to rca end to another set of rca's from the headunit. those wires had a sticker "AUDIO INPUT"

yet when i try accessing the aux in the audio sources, it's grey'd out and will not let me choose it. am i doing something wrong?

Isn't what he wants the AV input, not aux?

I have an adapter going into the IP-bus that hooks my MP3 player into the AUX (and had to turn it on as you said). But wouldn't hookups into the AV inputs require source to be set to AV? Would also require setting AV source to on?

Just a thought.

i was clear until h3 posted but am now confused.

did i do something wrong?

i bought a wire with 3.5mm female plug on 1 end, and 2 rca male on the other end. i plugged the rca side into the back of the avic, where there were 2 rca females (with a sticker labeled audio input).

on the 3.5mm side, i will connect it to my mp3 player.

how do i get this to work? do i go into the initial screen and enable aux?

or is aux and av "different"?