AVIC411.com

can not power unit off

Gentlemen there is a very simple solution for this, if you aren't using the blue power ant lead.

Instead of using the blue/white trace which is the amp turn on remote lead, use the blue antenna relay lead.

Then in INITIAL menu change the auto antenna setting from RADIO to SOURCE. Now whenever the source is turned off the amps will turn off also. As noted though, you will lose voice guidence if you are not using the internal amp of the AVIC unit, since your amps are not powered on.

Chris

Hmm I guess I'll have to pull out my d1 and check this out. Let ya guys know in a bit.

EDIT:

Yup the power antenna (blue) wire does lose power when you turn the avic off. So the only down side I see to this is as was mentioned before the loss of voice nav when the unit is turned off.

Very true. Then again you have to account for everything. You know how often I've had people get pissed off at me because I removed the tape deck in their car to install a cd player? They always ask "why can't I have both?" or "I didn't tell you to take the old one out"