AVIC411.com

Has a z140 been confirmed for CES?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I may have found my answer (kind of).

They are releasing AppRadio 2, which will enable Android support as well as iOs.

http://gizmodo.com/5874418/pioneer-gets-all-up-in-your-dash-with-its-android+ready-app-radio-2

That is awesome for me, since I refuse to get an iPhone. I'm assuming this will be implemented in a new z140 model? Looks like I might be better off waiting....

So the first link says a suggested retail price of 1200, but Pioneers site says its 1500? I'm assuming that's just MSRP?

Hi,

Seems to be the same as when the z130bt was released. Looking at Pioneer's press release, they do show 1200.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Press-Room/Car-Audio-Video/New+Pioneer+Advanced+Navigation+Systems+Keep+Consumers+Connected,+Informed+and+Entertained

"The AVIC-X940BT and AVIC-Z140BH will be available in April for suggested prices of $800 and $1200, respectively."

And now it's up on Pioneer's site. http://www.pioneerel...ion/AVIC-Z140BH

Interestingly, if you take a close look at the picture of the unit, you'll see it's actually a z130bt. Hopefully this means there's an update on the way!

_Am

When I compare it too the Z130BT press release, they seem to be roughly the same specs. Hopefully the new stuff of the z140, such as the android device connectivity, is all software based, and be avaialble in the z130 with an upgrade.

I did a review of the z140 specs to the z130, and they appear to be 99% the same. The main difference seems to be the bluetooth of the z140 "Bluetooth® Built-In (HFP/A2DP/AVRCP)". I believe the z130 has HFP (hands free) and A2DP (audio streaming), but not AVRCP (which is what I bet allows control of Aha and Pandora). I don't know if AVRCP is purely software, or if there is a hardware component involved.

I did a review of the z140 specs to the z130, and they appear to be 99% the same. The main difference seems to be the bluetooth of the z140 "Bluetooth® Built-In (HFP/A2DP/AVRCP)". I believe the z130 has HFP (hands free) and A2DP (audio streaming), but not AVRCP (which is what I bet allows control of Aha and Pandora). I don't know if AVRCP is purely software, or if there is a hardware component involved.

Well, interesting, I did find based off of crutchfield, that the z130bt is capable of AVRCP:

"Bluetooth Audio Players: In addition to supporting Bluetooth's Hands-Free Profile (HFP), the head unit also supports Bluetooth's wireless Audio Streaming Profile (A2DP) and Bluetooth's Audio Control Profile (AVRCP). These features allow you to wirelessly transmit music from your Bluetooth compatible cell-phone or portable audio player to the AVIC-Z130BT so you can listen to your stored music files through your vehicle's audio system."

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-F21LnbrtcCs/p_130AVIC130/Pioneer-AVIC-Z130BT.html#details-tab

What I've read so far sounds very encouraging. I'm ready for the Z140BH. I have a new car now, and has a base radio. My trusty AVIC-D3 went with my old car, and I miss it horribly.

I just hope that they have fixed the craptacular navigation accuracy. I found the navi to be pretty unreliable, and just got me to the general area. Sometimes it was off by MILES. Even after updates.

I'm also hoping that it will be as fast if not faster than the D3 was. I almost bought a Kenwood unit, but was put off by the needlessly complicated graphics and slooooooow response time of the display. Go Pioneer! Bring it!

Just keep in mind guys that there is always disappointment in one way or another when Pioneer offers new features on a unit. So I wouldn't expect that Android support to work the way you think it should. Nevertheless its finally good to see for all you Android people.