AVIC411.com

z11 to z14 upgrade?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Stargate125645, you may not be correct regardiing losing voice recognition. Also, apparently the map program with the 140 is superior to what we have with the 130. Check the recent posts under "problems/troubleshooting" under posting bugs with the AVIC 140. We'll know more if/when the upgrade becomes available.

Stargate125645, you may not be correct regardiing losing voice recognition. Also, apparently the map program with the 140 is superior to what we have with the 130. Check the recent posts under "problems/troubleshooting" under posting bugs with the AVIC 140. We'll know more if/when the upgrade becomes available.

I am correct that the 140 does not have voice recognition. It depends apparently upon what Pioneer decides to do with the update for the 130 as to whether they'll remove it.

I think that I wasn't as clear as I could have been. I have read various posts about loss of voice recognition with the 140 and agree with you. What I meant to say was that, in another post that I read, Pioneer may allow VR of the 130 to transfer with the 140 upgrade. Let's hope so.

I think that I wasn't as clear as I could have been. I have read various posts about loss of voice recognition with the 140 and agree with you. What I meant to say was that, in another post that I read, Pioneer may allow VR of the 130 to transfer with the 140 upgrade. Let's hope so.

I figured that's what you meant. I agree.

I don't mind losing any or all of the VR as long as the mapping works and looks better. I feel like I'm in my mother in laws Mercedes GL450 looking at that cheap looking nav. Just not impressed I guess.

I would also like to see some of the appradio apps work. Or how bout something old school like a dancing EQ or something besides just looking at a picture of Jay Z on the right and the name of the song.

So is there anyone interested in getting this going? The Pioneer website shows map updates for the Z130BT for 2012.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/Accessories/Map-Upgrades/NAVTEQ+2012+Map+Upgrade+for+AVIC-Z130BT,+AVIC-X930BT,+and+AVIC-X9310BT

If need be, I can start a new thread solely for the Z130Bt since this particular SD card applies only to that.