AVIC411.com

AppRadio Extensions 2.0 Beta - Full iPhone control

While we're on the subject of requests, just in case this was missed, could this be implemented too?

@mikedecaro I find the old voice control far better than Siri for voice dialling. Any chance you can update AppEx to launch voice control when Siri is disabled (at the moment, the button disappears)? Thanks!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the app rotates to landscape then no black bars but for the other unsupported apps that don't rotate to landscape mode, I get the black bars and even the triangles on some but nothing responds to the touch.  I think they may have designed the AppRadio a bit different in the NAV units then in the regular AppRadio models.

VBLUE42: Didn't you mention at one point that they were developed differently?  I vaguely remember you pointing something out to that effect.

The black bars are a product of Mike's design with AppEx. It has nothing to do with Pioneer.

Hi mike, do you think you could add the option to automatically open the appradio app (or even the carmediaplay app) when you plug the phone in too? I know activator can do this but I use that to turn Bluetooth on. Cheers!

there is already an cydia app..

the name is: Plugged in 

it starts automaticly any app that u coose and turn it of if u plug the pohone in or out

The black bars are a product of Mike's design with AppEx. It has nothing to do with Pioneer.

Yep yep. Ok...

However, supported apps (nothing to do with AppEx) are an issue for the NAV units.  For example, some work, some don't resize properly, and so don't load at all.  Most supported apps seem to work better on the SPA-DHxxx series rather than the AVIC series.  I think that's more what you were referring to in that prior post (vs AppEx).  Being an AVIC owner, I'm hoping that series catches up to where the SPA series is.

Thanks again.

Works good but sometimes the screen is smaller with the triangles on the side. Makes the the keyboard calibration off for me. Also music widget app used to work now it crashes the phone only when connect to app radio. Anybody know how to put a Siri icon on their home screen.4s 6.1.2 app radio 2 fw 8.17 app 2.3.0 beta 12Beta 10 had no screen resizing issues. I use sbrotator to rotate spring board and apps works well but when springboard launches the phone rotates (activator when plugged in) but on the app radio it's rotated but vertical. I have to launch the music app to rotate the springboard to landscape.

Same here, hadnt realised this-when the screen resizes properly, the keyboard calibration is fine, but when it's smaller with the triangles, it is slightly off (iPhone 5)

Mike, Is there any way you can make one of the black bars on the side of the screen simulate the home button press on the phone?  Like make the left bar a regular home button press from the app radio.. and the right bar a home button press on the phone?

Hey guys, 

I just picked up an SPH-DA02 for both the vehicles and have an iphone 4 (6.1.3). I'm going to jailbreak it with sn0wbreeze. What I want to just make sure of is what to all download and how to set it all up. the iPhone is going to stay in the car 99% of the time as I have another phone. Heres what I've came up with via this thread:

jailbreak the phone (6.1.3)

add cydia sourcettp://mikedecaro.com/repo

download  - AppRadio Extentions (most recent version)

- Activator (set it to launch AppRadio on power, lock on loss of power) <---- is this correct? the phone will generally be plugged in at all times in the vehicle

in the AppEx settings I can select what Apps I want to show up on the Deck correct? when I power up the deck and click apps does it take me directly to the applist or do I need to do more than that? Is there anything on the deck that I would need for controls or is it simply running my iPhone apps directly thought the deck?

Also: what do you guys favor for music apps? I'm a HUGE spotify fan, Does that work with the deck very well? how are RDIO and iheartradio? and does pandora stream the same when running it unlocked or is it different?

thanks in advance

FNG 

6.1.3 can be jailbroken but it is unstable and I don't recommend it. It is tethered which means if your phone crashes or looses power you cant restart the phone without your computer. Its not not worth it in my option. You would be better off trying to downgrade your firmware to a previous version of iOS6.

we only have the iPhone 4. My girl hasnt had any issues with her jailbreak on her phone, we always have jailbroken phones. and I just got a new iPhone 4 strictly to keep in the car. its not going to be used for calls or any of that, just has service for the deck. that being said, phones already jailbroken. are those the said apps i need to download from cydia above, its there any other that are recommended to make it any more user friendly at all?

add cydia sourcettp://mikedecaro.com/repo

download  - AppRadio Extentions (most recent version)

- Activator (set it to launch AppRadio on power, lock on loss of power) <---- is this correct? the phone will generally be plugged in at all times in the vehicle

in the AppEx settings I can select what Apps I want to show up on the Deck correct? when I power up the deck and click apps does it take me directly to the applist or do I need to do more than that?

Yes.

Also: what do you guys favor for music apps? I'm a HUGE spotify fan, Does that work with the deck very well? how are RDIO and iheartradio? and does pandora stream the same when running it unlocked or is it different?

Spotify doesn't work in landscape from what I understand and may have other screen size issues and Rdio no longer is supported at all for AR unless you have version 2.1.8 iHeartradio is AR compatible.

• RonS locked this topic