AVIC411.com

AppRadio Extensions 2.0 Beta - Full iPhone control

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't found any issues yet running iPhone 4s/iOS 6.1.2 and SPH-DA02 firmware 4.14 I only had a chance to test out FourSquare and my Punch in Punch Out time card program and Navigon, but they all worked well.

Thanks again Mike! I'm going to toss some PayPal love your way on Payday tomorrow!

Hi Mike first of all I'd like to say thanks for all the great work you've put in on this project!!! You'll have a donation coming me from shortly.

After installing the new beta the only issue I'm having besides the known ones that you have listed is that the appradio app will only stay open in the background for about 30 seconds and then tells me it has to be opened again.

Is there some setting that I need to select to keep it open?

Hi Mike first of all I'd like to say thanks for all the great work you've put in on this project!!! You'll have a donation coming me from shortly.

After installing the new beta the only issue I'm having besides the known ones that you have listed is that the appradio app will only stay open in the background for about 30 seconds and then tells me it has to be opened again.

What model iPhone? iOS version? Did you try rebooting?

Same thing going on here, I thought it had something to do with my iPhone being a "4" and maybe the memory wasn't enough to run the new apps and keep the app radio running in the back so the system would kill it, but yeah it's happening consistently maybe this will get fixed quick I don't see it being a big issue, other thing that I see is every time I try to go back to the appradio screen from any application I get the "welcome Adrian Santiago' iPhone" screen that takes a little while to load the avaliavle apps I think this is the same issue of the appradio being killed while interacting with other apps. Aside from that, It was so exiting the first time I could interact with a phone app thru my stereo screen, I think that moment was priceless, and yes Mike I will be donating too, we have to get you that iPhone 5 so every body better pitch in, lol

Thanks again, and hopefully this small issues can be resolved very soon...

iOS automatically kills applications that run in the background for too long. I tried implementing some code that bypasses this restriction but it sounds like it's not holding on your devices.

Can you try opening Info.plist inside of the AppRadio app bundle and add audio to UIBackgroundModes? You can use iFile to modify the file on your device.

It should look like this:

<key>UIBackgroundModes</key>
<array>
    <string>external-accessory</string>
    <string>audio</string>
</array>

Mike Fyi

I've reinstalled the music controls pro 6 app from cydia and have selected the appradio app for video backgrounding and it stays open in the background without closing after 30 seconds like it was doing before I reinstalled the mc pro 6 app.

Hope this helps..

Mike Fyi

I've reinstalled the music controls pro 6 app from cydia and have selected the appradio app for video backgrounding and it stays open in the background without closing after 30 seconds like it was doing before I reinstalled the mc pro 6 app.

Hope this helps..

I'm adding proper support for MCP in the next release (so they don't conflict). If it see's MCP, it will disable my backgrounding.

I cant get it to function on my iPhone 5 anymore. No touch and I can't get into mirror mode unless I go into the car media player and exit. Only works once then a black screen.

Can I go back to beta 8. Worked pretty well before.

Use the link in the first post and change Beta9 to Beta8.

• RonS locked this topic