AVIC411.com

App Radio/App Radio 2 Bypass Confirmed!!!

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

hello to everyone,  i just got my appradio 2,  and used this thread to set up my tr7.  i didn't read all 15 pages of this forum because all the info i needed i found it in the first 4 posts.and thanks to the people making this possible.   now,  i just want to add some of my findings with the tr7.

-first,- you do not need a relay to make it work.  you can just wire white and orange directly to the brake input on the appradio,  if you are not comfortable with wiring directly, you can use 2 diodes with the cathodes connected one to orange and one to white on tr7, and both anodes to brake wire on appradio.  i tried both ways and they both work.

-the instructions on the tr7 are incomplete.  it does not mention that after programming each timer you get 4 flashes.  

-somewhere (maybe not in the instructions)  it is mentioned that the tr7 in the black case  (correct me if i am wrong), does not include the bonus modes (17-23 i think)    mine is the one with black case and i was able to select all those modes.

- i did not want to try the switches, because they annoy me after a while.  i used them before with other units,  and dont want them any more.  thats why i chose the tr7.

- my timers are set to  10,  3, and   5;  and options are   on   on   off    this secuence happens every 3 or 4 minutes  (i dont remember the exact number)

-my first timer is 10 because from reading the operation part of the manual, i assumed that just like in alpine units, there is a foot brake sensing wire on the appradio,  but there isn't, so since you are not using the blue wire,  first timer doesn't matter.  

-something i did not try was the alpine mode (mode number 2)  but it looks like it might work.

-and i also found that grounding the brake wire makes it work, but not every time. 

hope this info helps.

by the way,  i used mode #12

alrighty guyz,  i tried relay and tr7 but it was major pain to program it, it almost cost me over 40 bucks and unit lost the program over the time with out the power but here is how i done it with same cost and program the unit in 2 mintues without the relay

i used TR7-PRO. so if you have bnot ordered ur parts, i do recommend you to go with tr7-pro because you wouldnt need a relay and you can program it with your computer or android phone.

hit me up if you have questions

alrighty guyz,  i tried relay and tr7 but it was major pain to program it, it almost cost me over 40 bucks and unit lost the program over the time with out the power but here is how i done it with same cost and program the unit in 2 mintues without the relay

i used TR7-PRO. so if you have bnot ordered ur parts, i do recommend you to go with tr7-pro because you wouldnt need a relay and you can program it with your computer or android phone.

hit me up if you have questions

tr7 is only $20,  and you don't need a relay with tr7 either.  i agree with you on the programming part,  but once you figure it out is a piece of cake.

I hate to be the one not reading every thread, but there's a whole lot of relay-talk here... and I don't know if it will be necessary on my unit. Just ordered a DA 100 (Pioneer got a cashback deal here in Sweden now) and have one quick question: Can someone confirm that a plain ground connection is enough to bypass a European DA 100, running latest 8.30? Is it as simple with the DA 100 as it was with my current old F900 (European also)?

Cheers!

Well was it that simple then?

If the euro version works just grounding the parking brake sensor wire, couldn't US users just flash with euro firmware and ground the wire?

for starters, too many people are having problems using a basic install part. worse case scenario wiht messing that up is that the bypass doesnt work. if you have a problem or mess something up flashing the firmware, you can brick your system up.