AVIC411.com

Picked up a used ipod for cheap (free) that works with the deck. Seems the best of all worlds. Now I only have to plug in the phone when I want to use an actual app. Phone and music no longer require being tethered to my phone.

It's a good thing to, as appradio when from being non responsive to constantly rebooting itself. I had to force kill it. J4.1 is so nice though I can wait...

So your sticking with Jelly Bean for now? I switched back to ICS doing a full wipe and install and my AP2 has never worked better.
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh and one more quick tip for an easy solution to the keyboard problem. I came across this stupidly simple app while browsing it let's you switch between one keyboard for portrait mode and one keyboard for landscape mode. And since the AP2 automatically puts your phone in landscape mode it's the perfect simple solution. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ne0fhykLabs.android.utility.kmLauncher&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5uZTBmaHlrTGFicy5hbmRyb2lkLnV0aWxpdHkua21MYXVuY2hlciJd

So your sticking with Jelly Bean for now? I switched back to ICS doing a full wipe and install and my AP2 has never worked better.

And that's 4.0.4 I'm assuming right? jw cause the other thread mentioned 4.0.4 problems...

Oh and one more quick tip for an easy solution to the keyboard problem. I came across this stupidly simple app while browsing it let's you switch between one keyboard for portrait mode and one keyboard for landscape mode. And since the AP2 automatically puts your phone in landscape mode it's the perfect simple solution. https://play.google....21MYXVuY2hlciJd

Which keyboard problem? I didn't see it on the first page of the thread\

Thanks

And that's 4.0.4 I'm assuming right? jw cause the other thread mentioned 4.0.4 problems...

Which keyboard problem? I didn't see it on the first page of the thread\

Thanks

It's Jelly bean 4.1 , most people are running Ice cream sandwich (4.0) and have no issues. As for the keyboard it's because the AP2 wants you to use it's own Pioneer keyboard no other keyboard will they let you use. So you must install the Pioneer keyboard app and use it any time you want to type on the touchscreen. This app let's you tell your phone to use it automatically without you having to switch to it every time you want to use it.

Ah, thanks for the keyboard explaination...

I know about Jelly Bean, but you said you flashed back to ICS...I'm asking if you flashed back to ICS 4.0.4 in particular, since this thread (http://avic411.com/i...ndered-useless/) said 4.0.4 was unusable also...

Oh got ya well I see that thread is talking about the Motorola Razr and a problem with ICS. I have a Galaxy Nexus and have no problems with it on ICS with the AP2.

I was running into a huge mobile data consumption problem on 4.0.4, JB solved it and the added features are awesome! I might be more tempted to go back if I didn't have an ipod for music. I just asked around for a used one and kept trying until I found one free that worked. Its a 2gb ipod mini, though I am working on getting a 16gb ipod video for next to nothing. Apple will never see another dime of my money, the sooner they perish the better far as I am concerned...

I was running into a huge mobile data consumption problem on 4.0.4, JB solved it and the added features are awesome! I might be more tempted to go back if I didn't have an ipod for music. I just asked around for a used one and kept trying until I found one free that worked. Its a 2gb ipod mini, though I am working on getting a 16gb ipod video for next to nothing. Apple will never see another dime of my money, the sooner they perish the better far as I am concerned...

There was an update to Appradio today! did you get it and try it out? Please let me know if it is working on JB I would so love to get it again!

I get absolutely nothing now. The phone still connects via bluetooth, but plugging in the mhl connector gives me nothing. I killed and re-installed the app and still nothing.

What's weird is I couldn't even get the deck to just play the mhl feed, flipping the ebrake switch did nothing.

I get absolutely nothing now. The phone still connects via bluetooth, but plugging in the mhl connector gives me nothing. I killed and re-installed the app and still nothing.

What's weird is I couldn't even get the deck to just play the mhl feed, flipping the ebrake switch did nothing.

Holy crap! make sure you report that in the review of the app. It sounds like they went totally backwards!

Part of the problem is probably that Jelly Bean hasn't even been released yet. We can't give Pioneer's devs *too* much crap until it's official for our Galaxy Nexi next week (hopefully). Although I'm on Verizon so without flashing it, it might be even longer...

Now with CM9 only getting to a stable release before jumping straight into CM10, Idk if I'll flash CM9 like I've been planning, or flash a stock rooted Jelly Bean Toro image...

LOL I made a major oops. Forgot I unplugged the usb power.

End result is no change. I can do the touch setup but then there is no touch control after that. No worries tho, I can live with it until JB becomes official (next week or some such). Once its out you'd think Pioneer will have to update the app otherwise the Nexus will no longer be officially compatible.

Well I think we are all going to be in for a world of hurt now seeing that the Jelly bean update is now being pushed out at least to the GSM Galaxy Nexus. Which means all GN's will soon have it and unless Pioneer gets out an update quick we will have a useless APPradio 2. I ask everyone to call, email, text whatever to Pioneer to get them to wake up and push out an update before we are all screwed.

Today I called Pioneer, as all my emails are met with the same reply "Please call us in regards to your problem". I explained the exact situation going on with Jelly Bean and that all of our phones within the next coming weeks are going to be getting the update whether we like it or not. The response I got from the Pioneer rep was this " Hmmm yea it looks like we do not support this new version of Android and we have no time frame for which we will even update the Appradio 2". I told her again how many people are going to be affected or already are, and to be honest she could care less. As of now I have zero faith in Pioneer and it may be up to the dev community if we are going to get any solution at all. #Notgood

I'm not that worried about it, that lady has no control or information about anything to do with the AppRadio app development. It might take a week (or two), but i don't think updating compatibility will take too much effort. If not, you're right, the dev community will help instead.