AVIC411.com

2012 US/CAN Maps - CNSD-310FM/UC upgrade (updated to supereasymethod - beta)

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi!

In the download there is no FIRMWARE and Update folder to put on the SD card.  I assume I create the FIRMWARE and Update folders on the SD card and unzip all the files in the 2012 upgrade zip to the Update folder, but what to I put in the FIRMWARE folder?

Forgive my newbie question, I appreciate any help.  

Thanks!!!

Pioneer X930BT

You realize it is a compressed file? Once you uncompress it you should see the folders you need to copy to the SD - as described in post #1.

Just did it on my X930BT without a single hiccup :)

Downloaded the update via torrent and unzipped it's contents into a folder. Downloaded the updated VERINFO.DAT file and put it in the \Update directory of the unzipped files, replacing the previous file in the folder. Then placed the 3 files on the SD car; FIRMWARE folder, Update folder, and CARDINFO.cif

Powered the unit up, popped in the SD card, and within about 5 seconds it picked it up and asked to start the update.

IMAG1597.jpg

That update process took about 20 minutes

IMAG1587.jpg

Once that's done the unit reboots and finishes updating

IMAG1592.jpg

After that, you're greeted with language setup options

IMAG1594.jpg

IMAG1595.jpg

Once that's done, the update is complete!

By the way, if you're using a custom start up splash screen (as I am), you will not see any 2012 Pioneer splash screen for confirmation, because you're custom one is still going to show, so don't freak out when that doesn't show up upon the unit rebooting, lol.

After you go through the language setup, it's going to ask to do the update again. If you don't want to sit there for another 20 minutes, hit no...

IMAG1597.jpg

To update the bluetooth firmware, go into your settings menu

IMAG1598.jpg

Go into the bluetooth settings menu, and scroll to the bottom where you'll find the firmware update option

IMAG1599.jpg

Press it and it'll show you your current firmware and under that will be the option to update it

IMAG1600.jpg

Once that's pressed, you're prompted with one more confirmation of the update showing you version info of what you're currently running and what's going to be installed

IMAG1601.jpg

Hit yes and wait for it to update; takes about 3 or 4 minutes to complete

IMAG1602.jpg

IMAG1603.jpg

Once that's done, you'll have the new app connection option for bluetooth or wired connection :)

IMAG1604.jpg

IMAG1605.jpg

Pair to your Android phone (which you will have to do over again since you updated the bluetooth firmware which erased any stored phones) and you'll get a new list of options in you sources!

IMAG1607.jpg

And for final proof of the successful update :D

IMAG1606.jpg

Thanks for all the info and help everyone has given; this forum rocks!

Awesome work.... Thanks. Step by step with pics really helped. :-)

You realize it is a compressed file? Once you uncompress it you should see the folders you need to copy to the SD - as described in post #1.

Thank you for responding RonS!  

I did unzip all the files to a temporary folder.  However, there are no folders in zip file but there is a file named CARDINFO.cif another named updater.plf but i don't see a file or folder named FIRMWARE?  I downloaded the file twice just in case the first download was missing files.

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks! 

Thank you for responding RonS!  

I did unzip all the files to a temporary folder.  However, there are no folders in zip file but there is a file named CARDINFO.cif another named updater.plf but i don't see a file or folder named FIRMWARE?  I downloaded the file twice just in case the first download was missing files.

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks! 

Where are you getting the upgrade from and what is the file size (of  the zip file)?

Also are you using a MAC or a PC? What program are you using to unzip?

Sorry, I never use torrents. Don't trust em. Even using that link I ended up with some malware that a MalwareBytes scan detected and deleted.

I'm also a little rusty with  WINZIP. Does it have an option to extract subdirectories? I know one of the popular zip/unzip programs does.

Sorry, I never use torrents. Don't trust em. Even using that link I ended up with some malware that a MalwareBytes scan detected and deleted.

I'm also a little rusty with  WINZIP. Does it have an option to extract subdirectories? I know one of the popular zip/unzip programs does.

Does any one have a link or any other information as to where I could obtain the files needed?

.to upgrade the X930BT.  The image in post #272 shows the files in folders which is different form what i have.

THANKS!!!

Does any one have a link or any other information as to where I could obtain the files needed?

.to upgrade the X930BT.  The image in post #272 shows the files in folders which is different form what i have.

THANKS!!!

This is a snapshot from a Mac.  You'll never get this on the X930BT.  To get these files, download http://thepiratebay.sx/torrent/7672652/Pioneer_2012_US-CAN_Map_Upgrade

Having a heck of a time getting this working in my BRZ with the factory X9310BT.  Detects the card just fine, but I never get the upgrade message.  Formatted on a PC (native OS as well as SDformatter), as well as tried on a Mac.  Extracted with winrar, 7zip, and Thearchiver (mac).  This 4GB card was previously used successfully to replace the startup screen, so it reads fine.  All I get when inserting is the page that shows screensaver options/etc.  What could I be missing?