AVIC411.com

2012 US/CAN Maps - CNSD-310FM/UC upgrade (updated to supereasymethod - beta)

The best thing about this update is that it was free thanks to you all! I would have been really annoyed if I had paid for it. Just downgraded back to the old version. The direction and mapping of the new navigation is horrible. The navigation has yet to guide me to where I need to be, it's like crApple maps after the 6.x ios update! Maybe the same programmers? Here's all the stuff I found wrong so far...

- It moved my house across the street.

- It tell me I've arrived at my destination at some intersection miles from my entered destination.

- It tells me to "exit the highway in one half mile" AFTER I've already passed the exit.

- It repeatedly tells me to "make illegal u-turn when possible".

- Android compatibilty is not compatible with most Android phones. This is even per the list Pioneer provided!

- iPhone 4/4s compatibility is broken.

- No video player capabilities with iPhone. You get audio with no video.

- Loss of voice commands to enter navigational inputs.

Noticable improvements include...

- PIOs are sorted by distance making it easier to locate.

I downgraded back to 3.01 this week and all the issues have been resolved except android compatibility. I'm back to using my iphone 4 which works flawlessly, even video player. Hopefully the 2013 update will be better.

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok, I did everything in the instructions for my X920BT and when it hits 99% i get incorrect SD card error.  This happened twice then I switched to another sd card that I used for the previous update to to 3.0  and I got the same error again at 99%.  I'm at a loss for what to do.  Now my radio is stuck in the update mode.

Please help

Kevin

The best thing about this update is that it was free thanks to you all! I would have been really annoyed if I had paid for it. Just downgraded back to the old version. The direction and mapping of the new navigation is horrible. The navigation has yet to guide me to where I need to be, it's like crApple maps after the 6.x ios update! Maybe the same programmers? Here's all the stuff I found wrong so far...

My update worked great.  I haven't experienced anything you mentionned, including the pairing of my Android phone (X930BT with Galaxy S2X)

Ok, I did everything in the instructions for my X920BT and when it hits 99% i get incorrect SD card error.  This happened twice then I switched to another sd card that I used for the previous update to to 3.0  and I got the same error again at 99%.  I'm at a loss for what to do.  Now my radio is stuck in the update mode.

Please help

Kevin

Are you sure your download was successful?  Even if you copy the files on 20 different SD cards, they will all fail if the download itself wasn't good.

I just did this update by following the instructions in post #1. I have an X9310BT with the traffic adapter installed and the mute cable mod in place and the update went nice and smooth. Controlling Pandora over bluetooth works great with my Galaxy Nexus using the CM10 ROM. I have yet to drive around and test the Nav functions or POIs but I am sure they will also work smoothly. I'll update here if they don't!

Thanks to Pionara's hard work and great instructions!

Please help

Kevin

Are you sure your download was successful?  Even if you copy the files on 20 different SD cards, they will all fail if the download itself wasn't good.

You didn't happen to be using a Mac to unzip the archive, did you? I recall that this has caused corrupted files. It might depend on which program you use. Search for mac or iWhatever (sorry, I don't follow Apple). If you can't find a PC, maybe you can find out what programs are known to work.

Successfully upgraded my X920bt that had been previously upgraded to 3.0. Did everything as listed on first post and had just 1 issue. It was one of my Micro SD cards wouldn't read. But I think it was because there was a name associated to the card. The 2nd card I had I formated and didn't name the card. That one worked with no issues. Also upgraded the BT Firmware with no issues. It's nice to have Iheartradio!

• 2 weeks later...

When I try to enter PASSWORDPASSWORD for the asked password it keeps asking me if I want to retype the password.  Do you know how to fix it?

Where in post #1 does it say anything about entering a password?

When I try to enter PASSWORDPASSWORD for the asked password it keeps asking me if I want to retype the password.  Do you know how to fix it?

Answer no :mrgreen:

But seriously, by downloading TestMode (see http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/31534-condis-hackmode-v14-diskrw-gpsgate-textfiller-regeditor-with-reg-files-associated-updated-13062011/ and make sure you use v1.4), you can access the text file that has your current password.  You can view this file to ensure the password you use is the right password.

• 2 weeks later...