AVIC411.com

2012 US/CAN Maps - CNSD-310FM/UC upgrade (updated to supereasymethod - beta)

I followed the instructions to a tee. I then discovered I have a x9310bt instead of a x930bt. I made it to %51, then the update asked for the SD card. I was stuck at the screen asking for a SD card, so I deleted the file mentioned in #20. This got my radio working but nothing else. At least I had a radio for the ride home. I extracted all the files again and tried it all from the beginning. The radio will not go into update mode now. Does someone have a copy of StartKnd.log?

#20: I think you can kick the unit out of upgrade mode by deleting \USER\SYSTEM\Download\StartKnd.log

(a value of 0 in this file means start normally. 1 means upgrade, and there is 2 and 3 - not sure what those do.) I believe if this file is missing or zero inside, it will try to start normally.

Tried 3 different SD cards and downloaded twice. Using 7zip. total package is 241 files.

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for all of the great info. The update went without a hitch for my Z110. I am showing all of the correct versioning.  2 questions though:

I no longer have the prompts for navigation on the voice control screen and the unit doesn't recognize phrases like "find an address". The other prompts for making a call, changing source, etc. are still there and do work. Has anyone else seen and resolved this?

Also, I don't see apps such as Pandora as an AV source. Is this normal or no? Thanks so much.

Thanks for all of the great info. The update went without a hitch for my Z110. I am showing all of the correct versioning.  2 questions though:

I no longer have the prompts for navigation on the voice control screen and the unit doesn't recognize phrases like "find an address". The other prompts for making a call, changing source, etc. are still there and do work. Has anyone else seen and resolved this?

Also, I don't see apps such as Pandora as an AV source. Is this normal or no? Thanks so much.

There are several places mentioning switching the AV source to BT if you are using Android. The Iphones need the wired connection from my understanding.

There are several places mentioning switching the AV source to BT if you are using Android. The Iphones need the wired connection from my understanding.

So I guess I should have read this thread more throughly before upgrading. I guess I will downgrade as the voice controlled nav is far more important to me than any of the other updates I've noticed in this rev.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...