AVIC411.com

2012 US/CAN Maps - CNSD-310FM/UC upgrade (updated to supereasymethod - beta)

Well, I'm thrilled. I just finished my update.

Being middle aged, I came into computers during my early teens and twenties. So much of my knowledge with computers and files is self taught. Therefore, I know a lot of things. But I also have big knowledge gaps.

I spent hours reading this yesterday. I bought a spare microSD. Formatted correctly. Downloaded the file from piratebay. Switched the two files around.

But...I inserted everything from the downloaded file onto the SD card. I missed the instructions in the original. But, for that aspect, post #301(sorry if I'm forgetting all the screennames right now) showed properly the procedure for exactly which files should be on the SD card.

If you put everything on there, your radio will start playing .wav files of a Japanese lady. Once I got the 3 proper files on there, it started, updated and rebooted just as shown in #301.

I'm somewhere past n00b, but I guess not as far as I'd be hoping. But thanks to this forum for getting me what I needed to know!!!

A bone stock x920BT here. 2.00000 now updated to 4.00000!

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well i bought an Z120BT from a friend and installed it in my 02 Ford F150 Supercrew and i love it. My gps antenna is not workin bought a new one and it is still not working so they told me my fimware needed to be updated so i found this update AWESOME did just like it said would butttttt my gps is still not workin sooooo i think sumthing is wrong with da connector in da back of da radio but other than that great update THANKS FOR POSTIN THIS ..........

All it is is a process to get the correct 3 files on a correctly formatted SD card. Then it's a fairly quick update/reboot process.

It would be so easy to just buy a bunch of microSD cards for under $10 each, download the proper files and sell them for a couple bucks more. Basically just to cover shipping.

Or, have just a few cards in circulation and just ship them off to the next person...

All it is is a process to get the correct 3 files on a correctly formatted SD card. Then it's a fairly quick update/reboot process.

It would be so easy to just buy a bunch of microSD cards for under $10 each, download the proper files and sell them for a couple bucks more. Basically just to cover shipping.

Or, have just a few cards in circulation and just ship them off to the next person...

Hold on there professor! Its one thing to publish instructions on how to crack software. It's totally different and illegal to sell and/or distribute bootleg software. We don't want Pioneer to go after this site.

Pardon my ignorance, but I'm a little confused and want to make sure I am on the right page before proceeding. I have an unmodified AVIC-X930BT, running platform version 3.000, app version 3.001, and bluetooth version 3.22.

If I were to download the torrent referenced in post #1 and follow IamSuperBleeder's post #301 instructions, I assume this would take me to platform version 4.000, app version 4.010, and bluetooth version 3.24, as shown in post 301. However, my lingering questions are these:

1. Would this also convert me from an X930 to an X940, or is it only a maps/firwmare update that keeps me as an X930?

2. If it is still an X930, can I do the X930 to X940 conversion as discussed in other threads?

3. The torrent is listed as an update to 2012, however some of the ebay listings show 2013 updates for X940s. If I have followed Pionara's/IamSuperBleeder's walkthrough, and if needed, a separate upgrade to convert from X930 to X940 (if Pionara/IASB's update didn't already do this), is there any reason why using the ebay 2013/X940 update wouldn't work on top of these existing modifications/upgrades?

Sorry for the newb questions, just want to make sure I have my ducks in a row before going down this path. Thanks in advance.

same question,

I have the X930BTunmodified with the 3.001 app version like texevora.

can we just do this as is or do we need to do another mod first?

are there any known issues? (I skimmed through and didn't see anything) like the nav voice

any plans to get this with 2013 maps?

once done do we remove the SD card or is it reliant on things on the card after updating?

im comfortable with the steps listed and have a spare 8g SD card

So i bit the bullet and just did it, but not without some headache (albeit minor, in retrospect).

First time around, I used WinRAR and a spare 8GB microSD card that I was formatting and copying files to via my Android phone hooked up through USB to my laptop (i didn't have a microSD adapter to connect directly to my laptop). However, following post 301 instructions, I got the invalid SD card error at about 23%. Trying a few times repeatedly resulted in the same end result. I started to freak out when I went to testmode and deleted the startknd.log file to get it out of upgrade mode, because the unit would then startup and get to the navigation warning disclaimer screen, then stop responding entirely to screenpresses.

After taking a deep breath and starting back from square 1, I used Winzip the 2nd time around, used SDFormatter to do a full overwrite/reformat of the microSD card, but this time using a direct adapter to connect to my laptop instead of through my Android phone). Followed the post 301 instructions again, and this time around it took, and thankfully, all issues were resolved.

In retrospect, I never should have used my Android phone hooked up via USB to format and copy files to the microSD card. Not sure what was going on when I deleted startknd.log and got the non-responsive screen, but at this point i don't care. Hopefully this post helps other people who have similar issues (Don't use your Android phone to access the microSD card!).

Just wanted to say that I originally had a bone stone X930BT that was running pre 3.000 software and firmware... don't remember which lol, but I updated from that straight to the 4.0 firmware using these instructions and backed it all up to an sd card using supertestmode.

As a side note, regular testmode would not allow me to copy, but supertestmode would and did allow me to copy and backup my user folders and such.  This method works perfect and it took about 30 minutes using a pretty fast microsd card including the bluetooth update which took about 5 minutes to finish and had me worrying since I thought it was taking so long.  

I also wanted to note that if you are selecting files in supertestmode and copying them, do not hit the home button, that exits out and cancels the copy command.  You must use the volume knob to navigate to the ".." at the top and make sure you have "enter" selected using the "<<" or ">>" button, then hit "mode" until you are at the base folder and then choose your respective device, In my case it was SD and then the folder that you want to backup to using the mode button then choose the paste command using the "<<" or ">>" buttons and finally wait for it to finish copying and you should be good.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello folks, the update went flawless, thanks for all the hard work. I have started to convert some movies to play during long trips, I have a 15" video screen in the back, when I play the movies using DVDs plays fine on both screens, when I use USB it only shows in the front. just wondering is this is by design or maybe a setting got change by the update, has anyone else have this situation? Thanks for your time.