AVIC411.com

Upgrading a X920/X930 to X940 Instructions

When you updated, did you also update the bluetooth to 3.24? I forgot to do that and could never get pandora to sync with my phone. I updated the bluetooth and all is well now.

Sorry I missed that you had to change the App connection type from Wired to Bluetooth in settings, but still - neither app connection will stay connected or ever show the display on the head unit. You have to mess around with the settings just to get the apps' audio to finally go through the car, and when it finally does, the disconnected bluetooth message continually stays on the screen no matter what and eventually the audio drops back to just through the phone too. Completely broken here and useless. This goes for Pandora and Aha.

OP do you know why this isnt working properly at all?? I see above that two others have the same issue and I'm sure everyone else with Android as well....

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Since I didn't have the time or effort to try and get all the right files, I ended up getting this http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-MAPS-UPGRADE-PIONEER-AVIC-Z120BT-AVIC-X920BT-TO-AVIC-Z140BH-AVIC-X940BT-/130801952466?pt=US_Video_In_Dash_Units_w_GPS&hash=item1e746766d2. Has anyone install this and does it work? I'm kinda hesitant to try it until I find out for sure.

Ok I too have been doing a bit of reading on this subject. I have a Pioneer Avic-x930bt and want to gt my android working with pandora... RIAA has def limited the torrentability of files... so Pandora is going to have to be the answer for now...

I want to upgrade the X930 to X940 firmware and am getting more confident in doing this as I read through the posts...

Couple of questions..

I saw a member post a bunch of pictures on the update as he did it, but his first post consisted of downloading a "TORRENT" of the x940 file.... any idea where I can find this?

Sorry I missed that you had to change the App connection type from Wired to Bluetooth in settings, but still - neither app connection will stay connected or ever show the display on the head unit. You have to mess around with the settings just to get the apps' audio to finally go through the car, and when it finally does, the disconnected bluetooth message continually stays on the screen no matter what and eventually the audio drops back to just through the phone too. Completely broken here and useless. This goes for Pandora and Aha.

OP do you know why this isnt working properly at all?? I see above that two others have the same issue and I'm sure everyone else with Android as well....

Anyone? Shit still isn't working...

i tryed to update my pioneer x930 bt to the and when my system prompted me to restart i did, but once it restarted my system said "update error" and if you take the sd card out it prompts you to put it back in to update once you do it you get the error again. Now i cant get my system to just start up it always tries to make me update and i cant get the update to work ...can you you help me out

i tryed to update my pioneer x930 bt to the and when my system prompted me to restart i did, but once it restarted my system said "update error" and if you take the sd card out it prompts you to put it back in to update once you do it you get the error again. Now i cant get my system to just start up it always tries to make me update and i cant get the update to work ...can you you help me out

I am having the same issue now as well