AVIC411.com

Upgrading a X920/X930 to X940 Instructions

when you put the edited RenewalIFLib_prg0_bckp.dll back on the SD card for the second time, did you rename it to RenewalIFLib.dll?

If not, i think the second time you ran the script, it took whatever file was on SD\RenewalIFLib.dll and copied that to the device, and taking whatever used to be on the unit (which was the dll you copied to the unit on the first pass) over to RenewalIFLib_prg0_bckp.dll and RenewalIFLib_prg1_bckp.dll

Copy the RenewalIFLib_prg0_bckp.dll from your pc to SD\RenewalIFLib.dll and try autoreplacer again.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

when you put the edited RenewalIFLib_prg0_bckp.dll back on the SD card for the second time, did you rename it to RenewalIFLib.dll?

If not, i think the second time you ran the script, it took whatever file was on SD\RenewalIFLib.dll and copied that to the device, and taking whatever used to be on the unit (which was the dll you copied to the unit on the first pass) over to RenewalIFLib_prg0_bckp.dll and RenewalIFLib_prg1_bckp.dll

Copy the RenewalIFLib_prg0_bckp.dll from your pc to SD\RenewalIFLib.dll and try autoreplacer again.

Pionara, thank you very much for your reply.

I tried that I now the unit won't boot at all. I got an error that says "Program start up error" and there's a number 6 in the bottom right.

Please help!

maybe your unit is booting from PRG1 instead of PRG0.

Try restoring RenewalIFLib_prg1_bckp.dll (by copying it to SD\RenewalIFLib.dll) and repeating the procedure.) Make sure you use the original backup you got from the first attempt.

That did the trick, the unit is working again. How do I update it now? My current RenewalIFLib_prg1_bckp.dll has multiple entries for 05 00 A0 E1 but none in 1C30. By the way, my unit is running version 3.0.

Here'a a copy of my RenewalFLib.dll: http://www.2shared.c..._prg1_bckp.html

Hey thanks for the quick reply, I did find a torrent on another thread linked to this, and I DL'd HexEdit and got it done, I am just waiting on the Torrent, which seems to be a little slow this morning, Thanks again....

Quick question if your still online, Once I unzip the auto replacer files, do I just put the individual files and the RenewallFLib.dll (that I corrected) on the Root of the card, or should the replacer files be in the RenewalIFLib-AUTO-REPLACER v1.2 folder on the root, I am assuming it is the former of the two options!

Thanks again!! I am glad you guys are able to share these amazing threads!

i would recommend asking questions on the autoreplacer thread, but from what I know, i think the readme explains it.

i believe you should have TESTMODE.KEY, ScriptExec.ini, and your "fixed" RenewalIFLib.dll (matching same version as currently running version on your unit) all on root of SD card.

I updated my AVIC-X920BT to the new firmware/maps using the simple method described by Pionara in the link within the previuos comment.

I substitued verinfo.dat and also cardinfo file as suggested by Pionara,

(I had updated my AVIC-X920BT earlier this year with 2011 update CNSD-210FM).

The update worked, even though I ran the update 3 times for 30 minutes each time, as every time I answered "yes" to the question if I wanted to update.

I guess having little kids does not help focus :)

After It ran the 3rd 30 minute cycle I answered no to update.

I then did manual Bloothooth update to 3.0.24. System now shows 4.0.1

So here is the question.

I don't see any AHA or Pandora app shortcut on my Pioneer screen. By reading the comments I think I should but I don't.

I have Android Motorola Atrix 2 paired with Pioneer. I can stream music to Pioneer and can make calls.

But I see no AHA radio as well as Pandora. I have AHA and Pandora installed on my phone.

Any ideas what could be wrong? Or it works as expected?

Thanks

The update worked, even though I ran the update 3 times for 30 minutes each time, as every time I answered "yes" to the question if I wanted to update.

I don't see any AHA or Pandora app shortcut on my Pioneer screen. By reading the comments I think I should but I don't.

I have Android Motorola Atrix 2 paired with Pioneer. I can stream music to Pioneer and can make calls.

But I see no AHA radio as well as Pandora. I have AHA and Pandora installed on my phone.

Interesting. I wonder if others are seeing this as well. Under the hood, the encrypted VERINFO.DAT contains the version and a few other fields, one of them is "DiscType" which is perhaps the criticality or importance of the update. All of the regular updates use "NORMAL" disctype, but I made the "special" VERINFO.DAT of "URGENT" disctype. This seems to allow install without password ;). Perhaps the side effect is that it keeps wanting to update over and over? or maybe something else. Would like to hear if this is happening to others using this special VERINFO.DAT.

WRT to pandora and android, there are other threads covering that, but have you tried this: in settings, a/v settings?, change appmode? to from wired (iphone/ipod) to bluetooth(android) ?

Interesting. I wonder if others are seeing this as well. Under the hood, the encrypted VERINFO.DAT contains the version and a few other fields, one of them is "DiscType" which is perhaps the criticality or importance of the update. All of the regular updates use "NORMAL" disctype, but I made the "special" VERINFO.DAT of "URGENT" disctype. This seems to allow install without password ;). Perhaps the side effect is that it keeps wanting to update over and over? or maybe something else. Would like to hear if this is happening to others using this special VERINFO.DAT.

WRT to pandora and android, there are other threads covering that, but have you tried this: in settings, a/v settings?, change appmode? to from wired (iphone/ipod) to bluetooth(android) ?

After the 1st update my unit rebooted, it then it found the inserted SD card in the slot, so I guess it suggested the update to which I answered "yes"... and that happened several times (after each reboot).

BTW I was able to get Pandora and AHA working. My appmode was set erroneosly set to wired rather than bluetooth. Thanks for the tip, and off course for all the hard work you have done to make this update happen.

X930BT here. Mostly everything here worked for me except your auto replacer script- no matter what it wouldn't automatically replace the RenewalIFLib in the folders, so I had to manually delete the old ones in prg0 and prg1 and copy my modified one over manually in Test Mode. No problem, but just wanted to let you know I couldn't get your auto replacer to run. Any idea why it wouldn't have?

After that, finally the map update accepted any password and did the update! Thanks a bunch!!

Can't wait to see if the other guys get the VR working on the X930BT....