AVIC411.com

Upgrading a X920/X930 to X940 Instructions

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ok, the Pioneer phone guy claims my 920 will be upgraded to firmware 4.0, I will lose VR with nav, and that Bluetooth with Android will NOT give me Pandora screens on the Pioneer's screen when updating with this software:

http://www.pioneerel...and AVIC-X920BT

he also claimed that my 920 would essentially be a 940.

I guess the real question is...how much better is it to have Navtek maps, and real-time traffic updates (after adding the antenna)?

Has anyone determined exactly what the Android/Pandora compatibility is with this update? The manual for the official upgrade says, "you can experience Pandora in your navigation system" and lists Android devices as being compatible, but the "Pioneer phone guy" says no Pandora screens on the Pioneer. What's the deal?

After a couple of hours I figure out how to do the update my avic-x920bt to avic-x940bt, my only problem now is I can't get any app mode to work. When I click on app mode I get a black screen with only 5 pioneer icons on the right from top to bottom. It wont show me any of my iPhone apps.

Go into the iPhone app store and install the Pioneer AppRadio app. Launch it on the phone while in the view you describe on your HU.

After a couple of hours I figure out how to do the update my avic-x920bt to avic-x940bt, my only problem now is I can't get any app mode to work. When I click on app mode I get a black screen with only 5 pioneer icons on the right from top to bottom. It wont show me any of my iPhone apps.

I finally copy my RenewalIFLib.dll from my AVIC-X920BT now in my pc, I`m trying to edit the file and can`t find the offset 1C30. I have the latest CNSD-210FM hack firmware update installed in my unite. Can that be why I can`t find offset 1C30 and change it from 05 00 A0 E1 to 00 00 A0 E3 ?

How did you figure it out?

no you dont just edit all the instructions

1. do you have USER\PRG.FLG file present on your system?

(if so your unit boots from PRG1 folder, otherwise it boots from PRG0 folder)

You can try taking that one, editing it and putting it back in place and trying it. It might work, it might not. Just make sure you take a backup of all the files you are replacing, so you can restore them if them if you mess things up...

I have USER\PRG.FLG, so I edited the renewalIFlib.dll file in the PRG1 folder. 05 00 Ao E1 was not on 1C30 but I found it on 1590....so I changed it. I flashed it and it seemed to work. But when I go to flash the update, when I put in a 16 digit password it doesn't work. It just asks to input the password again. So now I'm stuck. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I was able to update the RenewalIFLib.dll but I cannot get the z140 update to start. I have unzipped the file and it put the Z140 update folder on the root and that didn't work. Next I tried putting the Update, Firmware, and LT folders on the root along with the cardinfo.cif file. Neither one seems to take off and start the install.

I am in the same boat... Anyone have a fix for this? I have a X920BT with X930BT software.

Ok, so I had no idea that any of this could be done before today. Dumb of me to think that no one would figure stuff like this out and mod their headunits. I mean hell, I mod my phone like a mad man, why wouldn't someone do the same to a radio to make it better?

Anyways, my main goal with all of this is to get the whole AppRadio thing working so I can have all that awesomeness. I'm not worried about Voice Recognition breaking because I never use it. Also, it would be nice to be able to use my android phone instead of the iPod since the ipod gets tucked away and isn't easy to get to in order to launch apps and what not (issue with current firmware I believe).

So my quesiton... I have a x930bt HU. I've noticed some people having problems with either those units or that unit's firmware on their older models. What do I need to be on the look out for?

If I install the free firmware update from the Pioneer website, is that going to cause any problems? (3.0.0.1)

I know on a phone, that if you mess up the boot process, it can be a bit of a pain to get it fixed. Is it as simple as plugging the "hackmode" SD Card into the unit and then letting it boot up in order to fix all the madness? Is that pretty much the unit's "Recovery Mode"?

Thanks for the help guys!

Also, PS, has anyone seen my dog? I just realized he's no where to be found after doing all this research.... lol

Has anyone determined exactly what the Android/Pandora compatibility is with this update? The manual for the official upgrade says, "you can experience Pandora in your navigation system" and lists Android devices as being compatible, but the "Pioneer phone guy" says no Pandora screens on the Pioneer. What's the deal?

i did the update on my x920bt and have an android phone .....make sure you update your bluetooth also cause i didnt do it and the album art didnt show on the radio until i upgraded it

when you click on pandora on the radio it starts the app on your phone for you and it shows the album art also so that pioneer guy is lying

i did the update on my x920bt and have an android phone .....make sure you update your bluetooth also cause i didnt do it and the album art didnt show on the radio until i upgraded it

when you click on pandora on the radio it starts the app on your phone for you and it shows the album art also so that pioneer guy is lying

Thanks!!!! I'm going to be doing this process tonight... gotta go pick up an 8GB card first...