AVIC411.com

Z1/Z2 vs. D3: Show me what you got...

I know there are a lot of very talented installers on this forum, so I'm always hesitant to make a comment which could result in getting flamed, especially because I know so little, technically speaking....but the reason I mentioned the fear of not having a bypass in the upcoming models is that a tech told me that if the block is gyro based (whatever that means), it's dubious that a bypass could be achieved.

I know there are a lot of very talented installers on this forum, so I'm always hesitant to make a comment which could result in getting flamed, especially because I know so little, technically speaking....but the reason I mentioned the fear of not having a bypass in the upcoming models is that a tech told me that if the block is gyro based (whatever that means), it's dubious that a bypass could be achieved.

He couldn't be more wrong. The D1/2, N3 and Z1 motion lockouts are all gyro based, but bypasses were discovered for all of them.

I don't know why I listen to those guys....they probably install a very small handful of these things over long periods of time, and don't remember much , whereas you guys are devoted to this product.

I wonder why I couldn't find a forum for the Kenwood DDX 6019, or the Alpine IVA w-200.

my friend works at pioneer and is a QA engineer for them. He says the Z2 blows the D3 out of the water. he also says that the Z series gets all the new technology, whereas the D series gets the old and true technology.

He also stated that the Z series is very buggy now with the navigation and to expect that the Z2 will be pushed passed the april release date.

also D3 plays DivX video and mp3, which is 1 down side of Z1.

Does anyone know for detail of the map wise, how big difference is it on both system? Also i've looked at the 6 disc/12 disc cd changer, wonder why they don't put a DVD changer version so i can put in 2 Navi disc in there =/

Pioneer makes the XDV-P90, which is a 6 Disc DVD player. If this could hold the NAV disc(s) for the D3 and other data DVD's AND access them all when needed, that would be awesome!