AVIC411.com

I seriously want to scream and throw this harness in the damn trash.  I have tried so hard to release this mute wire and it wont even budge,  arrrrgggggg I am tearing this up trying to get it, I cant believe I haven't just broke it enough to come out already.  OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was terribly hard to get out. And what will add fuel to the fire is if you don't end up needing it. Sooner than later we'll probably need that wire, but after my experience above, I'm not hooking it up

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok update 2:

While taking a short drive, got the dreaded 'can't view video while in motion screen" so it appears as though just having the parking brake grounded is not going to cut it. I'll ground the mmw later and report back. We'll see what happens.

Ok update 2:

While taking a short drive, got the dreaded 'can't view video while in motion screen" so it appears as though just having the parking brake grounded is not going to cut it. I'll ground the mmw later and report back. We'll see what happens.

Update 3:

So I just got around to actually doing a few more test. Man, this thing is sensitive. I would be stopped in the road and DVD would be playing, as soon as I would let off the brake and start inching forward it would cut off and warn me about it. Tried that a few times. Same results. Secondly, I would stop and be able to enter my route via the keyboard but as soon as I would let off the brake the keyboard would grey out...

So.....I took that mmw that I had not grounded yet and grounded. Started playback of the DVD and took off driving. No warning or anything. DVD continued to play. Keyboard did not grey out either. 

I will report back after I drive a little while and get up to speed and such, but to now, that seemed to have done the trick.

Just as a follow up, I have had both the parking brake wire and bypass pin grounded for several weeks now. I have not seen any parking brake install error messages since the first couple of days that I bypassed.

Just wanted to post that the "parking brake lead is incorrectly installed" message is but a distant memory and everything works perfectly (and has for weeks of daily driving). I never tried grounding the bypass only or leaving the speed sensor disconnected. I only grounded the parking brake wire and bypass pin, everything else is connected normally.

Just as a follow up, I have had both the parking brake wire and bypass pin grounded for several weeks now. I have not seen any parking brake install error messages since the first couple of days that I bypassed.

Just wanted to post that the "parking brake lead is incorrectly installed" message is but a distant memory and everything works perfectly (and has for weeks of daily driving). I never tried grounding the bypass only or leaving the speed sensor disconnected. I only grounded the parking brake wire and bypass pin, everything else is connected normally.

I concur with this. I have had no issues in the past few days driving around.

• 2 weeks later...

I installed the navigation with just the bypass wire. Did nothing with the parking brake lead. Everything works fantastic- no messages about anything being wired incorrectly! Locked out of nothing. 
The wire status shows "Parking Brake: Off"

Using the VSS signal as well.

Noob here...read the post in here...I inserted a wire next to mute wire  and grounded it with light green and took a test drive and it works. Self installed Avic Z150BH. Now I need to get a better ground for unit, I'm getting noise using factor-like harness!