AVIC411.com

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can only find one person in all of these post that makes that claim. No one else seems to want to try it. Ive been on this forum for a long time and have come to realize not to go by a member with only  a few post for something like this. He may be right, but it being a change in direction from Pioneer on the usual bypass proceeder and others not reporting success leads me to be skeptical and to raise caution. 

Can somebody post a pic or explain how to remove the pin with the mute wire so you can move it?  i watched a how to online but it was for the z140 and the wire was on the top of the harness so they could press right into the harness after popping up the lock piece on top and free the wire.  this mute wire is on the bottom.  how would i release the wire?  any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Hello fellows. Newbie here. First post. Let the lashings begin.

I've been reading this thread and trying keeping up but will probably have questions. My z150 should be arriving shortly. VBLUE42, do you feel Pioneer has integrated the bypass into the z150 differently than the previous models (z140, 130 etc)? From reading I get the sense no, however I also feel people are not as convinced that it works the same as it did in the previous models or should I say that there has not been an overwhelming sense that this is "sure fire" / "not up for discussion" type of thing. 

I get the impression that it sorta works works with caveats. aka, random nag screen. 

I had an Alpine icsx7hd prior to this and liked it except for I felt is was not 'semi-future proof' enough (lack of hdmi port for one). So I sent it back in exchange for the z150.

The Alpine had an electronic bypass that was wired into the harness to achieve this. Is it because of how seemingly more simple this technique is to bypass the pioneer that it does not need the electronic type to bypass? 

Hello fellows. Newbie here. First post. Let the lashings begin.

VBLUE42, do you feel Pioneer has integrated the bypass into the z150 differently than the previous models (z140, 130 etc)? From reading I get the sense no, however I also feel people are not as convinced that it works the same as it did in the previous models or should I say that there has not been an overwhelming sense that this is "sure fire" / "not up for discussion" type of thing.

I dont know but it sure seems that way.

Ok z150 should be arriving this weekend. I'll try to follow the instructions and see what happens with the bypass. Maybe try to get some pics or something.

I would like to know exactly what to do though. I'll find my mute wire and move it (somewhere) and the ground it along with the parking brake wire. That somewhere is where I need help.

Thing is, do I necessarily have to move the wire or can I get another pin and place it in the open slot, then ground the new wire w/ parking brake? I don't think I need to move as long as I get another to fit correctly.

My issue is where exactly do I put the new wire? Which open slot?

For removing it: I filed down the end of a paperclip to make it thin, and then stuck it in into the slot the mute wire was in, towards the middle of the plugs - so the mute wire was closer to the edge.  If you look down there you'll see a plastic wedge holding it in place.  With the paperclip-wedge blocking that, I shoved another paperclip through the bottom to force the mute wire out.

Also ensure it's in all the way when you move it.  I thought I had done it but either it does need a parking brake grounded (I've had the X910, Z130, and now Z150 and the first two were moved mute and parking grounded) or my mute wire wasn't in all the way.  I had to tear apart my dash again today because I was locked out of functions when moving.

For removing it: I filed down the end of a paperclip to make it thin, and then stuck it in into the slot the mute wire was in, towards the middle of the plugs - so the mute wire was closer to the edge. If you look down there you'll see a plastic wedge holding it in place. With the paperclip-wedge blocking that, I shoved another paperclip through the bottom to force the mute wire out.

Also ensure it's in all the way when you move it. I thought I had done it but either it does need a parking brake grounded (I've had the X910, Z130, and now Z150 and the first two were moved mute and parking grounded) or my mute wire wasn't in all the way. I had to tear apart my dash again today because I was locked out of functions when moving.

Sounds exactly what I was thinking regarding how to remove the pin.

Additionally, I get a sense from your post that after having moved the mute wire and then grounding it along with the parking brake wire that it (the bypass) did work for some time? Only after a few days it stopped. Is that correct ?

Ok just a quick update

I moved the yellow/black strip wire over one slot as pictured here where this guy has the green wire.

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/36184-avic-x850bt-bypass/

I just took that mute out and moved it over.

Hooking everything up right and post back after with results

Update:

So I ran a small test-

I decided to NOT ground the mmw (moved mute wire) and only ground the parking brake wire. I hooked everything else as needed. I have the mmw kind of pulled to the side where I can see that it is not touching anything.

So to clarify, the only thing grounded is the ground wire and the parking brake wire.

Here are my steps:

Car is off

Parking brake up

I put a DVD in and started playback. Watching movie now.

I start the car

I release parking brake

I put the car in drive

I drive around the block

Movie is still playing while driving

While driving around the block, I also typed a new destination into my nav using the keypad

Once I entered the address, I resumed the playback of the DVD, all while driving around the block. I was not locked out of anything.

What else is supposed to be restricted? Seems like everything is working without having that mmw grounded. Maybe I am missing something but seems like it is ok...

For now I am going to leave the mmw to the side and continue monitoring this. If my situation changes, I might ground that wire, but until it acts up, I'm leaving not grounded.

I seriously want to scream and throw this harness in the damn trash.  I have tried so hard to release this mute wire and it wont even budge,  arrrrgggggg I am tearing this up trying to get it, I cant believe I haven't just broke it enough to come out already.  OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!