AVIC411.com

Next Generation AppRadio- SPH-DA 110

Nice find. Audio via Bluetooth and changeable wallpaper seem to be the biggest upgrades. I really hope a firmware upgrade gives us appradio 2 users this functionality.

I bet Appradio2 will get the exact same update. everything looks identical to AR2, even the connections! so there is no reason AR2 should not get the same update as DA110

I'm interested in their opening of the AppRadio to both the Samsung and the MirrorLink connection systems. 

On that same topic I know ford has created an open standard on which their myfordtouch apps are based on. I wonder if they can add those apps to the list as well. 

• 4 weeks later...

They will most likely release the firmware upgrade for.

After all, I have a 920BT that has been upgraded 2x and is a 940BT.

They are offering two version of AP3, one with and one without the DVD drive.

I think it will take a month or two for them to release those cute little memory card for us to reflash with.. at a price of course.

• 3 weeks later...

I think actually there is an important difference to the hardware, despite the rest being quite small software updates, and it's quite obvious to see on the back of the radio. The USB cable which reads "5V - 1A" ... with the Appradio 2 you had to add the CA-ANW.5V USB box to actually *charge* (not only trickle-charge) certain ultra-battery-thirsty-phones AFAIK ... this should be no problem anymore...

I already ordered the AR2 when I saw the AR3 was due to come out next month of July... so I sent it back...

I'm upset that they only addressed 1 out of 4 of my issues with the DA100

1. Lack of A2DP: Resolved. WIN!

2. Screen resolution. Why not 720p? Sometimes I'd rather look at the screen on my Note2 since it's so much clearer.

3. Screen brightness. They need to make the screen wayy brighter for easier viewing on a sunny day

4. 5-band equalizer: Should be at least 7-band