AVIC411.com

Ducatiboy flasher install pic

Well I received mine yesterday and installed it today. It was a pretty straight forward install. I thought I would take a picture and add to the forum. For all of you who are wondering yes that is my factory HU in the dash. We had to keep it in order to keep my factory overhead entertainment system.

Navyguy
[quote name="03Vic-HPP"]Holy Crap you must have a lot of space in the dash to be able to stick the factory HU in there lol....so how do you put a DVD in it lol?[/quote]

To my surprise it is a lot of space in the dash. With the Z1 installed it still is more room for future goodies. The DVD goes in up to to the DVD player.
[quote name="ducatiboy"]I love seeing happy customers and pictures of something I made being enjoyed. Thanks![/quote]

We are happy and thanks again. You guys know my wife is jealous of this site. Being on here is like being out with the boys. She is not too mad since she knows I am an electronic/gadget freak. I fix medical equipment all the time and stereos (car or home) is my hobby.
[quote name="NYRngrs24"]no way to bypass teh factory stereo? what car you have? it looks like a ford. there must be some way.[/quote]

With the new vehicles there is a signal that the factory HU sends to the entertainment system to power up and play. There is no bypass, trust me I have been searching for awhile. We tried it and it did not work. When we found out that we only had to power the DVD and screen up then we were off to the races. I have an '05 F150 Lariat Supercrew. It all works now so I am pleased and so are my kids.