AVIC411.com

New Pioneer TV Tuner for Z1?

I am getting everything gathered for my 08 Superduty that is arriving next week. However, I was a little upset when I read about the GEX P5700 Tv Tuner being discontinued.

I called my installer today and had him start ordering everything in and told him about the 5700 woes. He called me back a few hours later and told me Pioneer had a new TV tuner that on the documentation would work with the Z1. I did not get the model number but he said it just came out.

Can anybody confirm this or had anybody else heard about a new tuner compatible with the Z1

Can anybody tell which Pioneer TV tuner are compatible with the Z1 and what are the differences among them?

the only one that works with it is the GEXP5700TV and good luck finding one

Yeah, I know I have been trying to find a P5700 for a couple of weeks with absolutely no luck.

However, could it be, as my authorized dealer/installer, told me that Pioneer has just released a new tuner that is compantible with the Z1? Maybe even a digital tuner for the new 09 broadcast requirements?

Anyhow, he said he just ordered one that is just out from Pioneer and is compatible with the Z1. I sure am hoping he is right. I am going to call him and see if I can get the part # from him.

• 3 weeks later...

theres a place in Queens where I usually go to get my car worked on, called Sound City Auto, it's located on Queens Blvd and I believe 39th ST or 36th ST, they have one in stock right now, and I believe the price for it is $250 or something like that.

If you are interested, I can get you their number and you could give them a call, just let me know