AVIC411.com

Appradio 3 - Cant enter app mode

My phone is a Galaxy S3... I've had the DA100, and could connect to the app mode no problem...

I just picked up the new Appradio 3, and using the same cables (HDMI cable plugged into the back of the deck --> connected to a Samsung MHL adapter --> connected to the phone)... I cant connect to app mode

It connects to the new Bluetooth audio no problem, as well as Bluetooth calling... but the app mode icon has a Bluetooth logo with an "x" beside it...  when I click on it, it says to make sure I have the appradio app installed (I do)... and that a Bluetooth connection is established (it is).... completely confused as I've had no issues connecting with the DA100...

I'm in Canada, Futureshop just got them in yesterday

I don't see anything in the settings about changing the App connection setting

(I managed to find the setting, you need to change the App setting from iPhone AV to OTHER), works fine now..

One thing I noticed though, when I connected an iPhone to either DA100 or DA110, I'm able to use google maps from my phone via the deck in app mode... with the GS3, you need to install the included GPS antenna, otherwise maps says the location is temporarily unavailable.. weird

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in Canada, Futureshop just got them in yesterday

I don't see anything in the settings about changing the App connection setting

(I managed to find the setting, you need to change the App setting from iPhone AV to OTHER), works fine now..

One thing I noticed though, when I connected an iPhone to either DA100 or DA110, I'm able to use google maps from my phone via the deck in app mode... with the GS3, you need to install the included GPS antenna, otherwise maps says the location is temporarily unavailable.. weird

I too am in Canada. Did the AR3 come with ANY cables for any kind of phone? iphone or android?

It is available at crutchfield website. I got the non DVD version. I am having similar problem. Have everything hooked up right and I can't access the appradio icon on radio. Everything else works. I will check the app connection setting on radio when I get home. I got the radio install in less 30 min but this appradio app is killing me. My iPhone is jail broken and also another note the appradio extensions is crashing the phone with latest app. I will do one thing at a time and just try to get the radio and phone to connect

I got my DA210 today from Crutchfield. I don't have the connections for my X5 so I can't install it but I did attach it to a jump starter and play with it. I have no problem getting into app mode but can't see anything else. I have iOS 6 extensions installed (has been for weeks) and the phone does not crash but nothing but the Pioneer apps show up.

Do they come with a film on the screen? If it is it's perfect because I can't find anywhere to peel it off and don't want to hurt the radio.

I have it mostly working. My settings were wrong (thanks Mike)!

Now I can't use the Pioneer screen to scroll unsupported apps or supported ones when I enter them after I have used unsupported apps.

Any input is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!