AVIC411.com

2013 EU UPDATE F30 F930 F9310 F40 F940 F840 F8430

The files are correct 220 Files and 21 folders 3,37 GB (3.624.120.320 Bytes)

Please make a full format on the SD, it takes longer but to be on the safe side. Copy the whole folders and files to the root of the SD. You may need to create the OPENING.FLG with 0KB, put it in this folder Update\USER\SYSTEM\BG

I remember the update won't start on my AVIC F20BT until I've created this file.

Regards

Hi all, thanks for your effort, i tried 3 microsd with no luck... i don't know if these doesn't fit or are my files, so, can someone tell me files, folders and dimension of the update??

FIRMWARE

Update

CARDINFO.CIF

When i select properties for this items i have 220 files, 21 folders and 3,37 GB (3.623.875.032 byte). Is that correct?

last thing, i have to make a label for the volume of microsd or can i leave blank?

Thanks in advance for reply

Marco

Thanks for reply Travolta, now i have your exact dimensions and i tried with and without OPENING.FLG, my f930bt won't start update, made last year without problems with 2012 update in this forum. May be was this that prevents me to make the update now??

I don't know what else i can do... i tried several microsd without results, may be you have some suggestions, hope so!!

Thanks

Marco

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't know what else i can do... i tried several microsd without results, may be you have some suggestions, hope so!!

You did everything like in the first post and its not working??? Really strange, I don't know if it will work form a USB-Flash-Drive?? But you can give it a try...

Please can you download Mini Tool Partition Wizzard repartition your SD-CARD and reformat as FAT32, copy the file to the root of the SD and try again. If not, then you can try the same process on the USB-Flash drive.

Regards

kowe, did you read my post #149? According to the informations Pioneer provided in march you need the CD-IV202NAVI cable not the CD-IV202 for the f930bt. However it is not clear if the required software support for that cable is included in the 2013 map update. To me it seems almost as if Pioneer dropped the planed Iphone 5 AppMode support for the f930bt and f940bt. At least I never heard of anyone who got the Iphone 5 working in AppMode with these avics... I can send you the presentation I am referring to, but you can also find some useful information via the link I provided (x940bt is the same hardware as your f930bt, it is just the US version with newer maps...)

A new firmware update is available for the f940bt that enables support of the iphone 5:

http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/support/software/AVIC-F940BT/page.html#download_361

In the documentation (http://www.pioneer.eu/files/support/AVIC-Fx40BT/2013%20Map%20Update/CWW7828B-GB.pdf) it clearly says "

This firmware update is necessary only if you own an iPhone with Lightning connector and
if you want to enjoy AppRadio Mode, music and/or video playback from your iPhone with
Lightning connector."

I wonder if I could simply install this on top of the update to firmware 5.000 from this thread...

A new firmware update is available for the f940bt that enables support of the iphone 5:

http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/support/software/AVIC-F940BT/page.html#download_361

I wonder if I could simply install this on top of the update to firmware 5.000 from this thread...

Very interesting, even if it is 5 months overdue... I think it should be possible, because they clearly say "Firmware update for products with 2013 map update". Lets hope that they did not include any mechanism to detect the hacked 2013 map update...

Take care, this update seems to be specific to the 2012 avics, applying it to a 2011 model may damage it if I got their documentation right... Maybe there are still some minor HW differences between the f930bt and the f940bt. This update seems to change also the UCOM software... I really hope that they provide an update for the 2011 models as well

Take care, this update seems to be specific to the 2012 avics, applying it to a 2011 model may damage it if I got their documentation right... Maybe there are still some minor HW differences between the f930bt and the f940bt. This update seems to change also the UCOM software... I really hope that they provide an update for the 2011 models as well

Thank you for the advice! Right now, I'm not too tempted to try it anyway, as I don't have any of the cable stuff (Lightning adapter or that Pioneer cable) yet 8)  So before spending that money it would be nice to know whether it works or not...

All links are up to date. Have checked all of them.

You have to create a free account and then you can download them.

Regards

no chance. Newer major firmware/app revisions don't like older versions of maps, firmware etc.

You'll get some error (no program, or something like that)

Are you sure about that? This update is titled "Firmware update for products with 2013 map update" and it has the version number 5.1.

BTW is SAL/SYS123 the 2012 platform? The UCOM-update contains only image files for that platfrom. Do you know of any obvious HW differences between the 2011 and 2012 models? What I have seen is that the 2011 models use the CA revision of the FM tuner chip TDA7706. The 2012 models probably use already the CB revision. I know that both revisions have slightly different DSP software that is uploaded during initialization from the UCOM into the tuner chip. If this is the only difference then it could be feasible for me to replace the tuner chip with the CB revision and use this update for my f30bt. I believe that Pioneer won't provide an update for the 2011 models anymore although they announced that in the presentation I was referring to in an earlier post.

An alternative solution that could make a 2011 avic iphone 5 Appmode compatible could be to buy both the lightning to VGA and the lightning to 30-pin adapters and then to provide the missing composite video signal at the 30-pin connector via a VGA to FBAS converter. This signal could be injected easily at the 3.5mm plug of the Pioneer 30-pin Iphone adapter cable...

I have made a backup of USER folder. around 140MB.

Do I need to backup NDATA folder? About 3GB?

I found out when I try to copy, it copies about 1GB in one hour. Is that normal?  Tried different sticks, micro sd cards and even a USB 3 SSD harddisk. No difference. I have stopped backup the NDATA folder.

I understand that the installation takes about 25 minutes? That means writing data is much slower to external devices.

Please advice.

Many thanks