AVIC411.com

Car Play Demoed Today at Media Event!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone have any ideas of the actual version number for the CarPlay firmware? My AVH-4000NEX is running 1.02 currently, it looks like the SPH-DA210 version is 08.05... I wonder what the actual versioning number convention is? 3 3

Why does it matter what number they give it? We already know the next firmware will be CP so that's all that matters.

I'm not missing anything. I'm smart enough to know that when the CP firmware is released, it will be plastered all over the opening page of the Pioneer car audio site. And if that isn't enough, this site will explode with about 10 or so threads created by noobs all saying the same thing: "oh my god, the car play firmware has been released" of course nine of those threads I'll have to delete simply to reduce redundancy. So, I assure you, if the CP firmware was available, you would know it.

I think felmurfud has a point actually. As Pioneer has done in previous years, they posted firmware updates in other countries, or on their many global FTP servers ahead of official pioneer.com release. If we knew the naming convention, or had a better guess, we could be doing scans for possible early leaked files. It happened on both of my previous units, one(x950s appradio for lightning support) was a different country early release (that worked perfectly fine on my US model almost a month in advance of the US release). The other (f700 performance update) was posted back about 6 years ago on an old (probably now dead Pioneer) FTP site well ahead of official posting. I am not saying its out there, but if we actually knew what we were looking for, it could be found if it is. We know Pioneer has a working version (that has been demoed) that is possibly finished, just they are waiting around for whatever reason for an official debut.

Well, sense there are no updates on NEX site at all I don't know why we are even still have this conversation. Regardless, Pioneer has never added a feature like this to a firmware update as opposed to just maintenance improvements so again, with no previous updates yet sense the unit was released the firmware number is irrelevant.

I think felmurfud has a point actually. As Pioneer has done in previous years, they posted firmware updates in other countries, or on their many global FTP servers ahead of official pioneer.com release. If we knew the naming convention, or had a better guess, we could be doing scans for possible early leaked files. It happened on both of my previous units, one(x950s appradio for lightning support) was a different country early release (that worked perfectly fine on my US model almost a month in advance of the US release). The other (f700 performance update) was posted back about 6 years ago on an old (probably now dead Pioneer) FTP site well ahead of official posting. I am not saying its out there, but if we actually knew what we were looking for, it could be found if it is. We know Pioneer has a working version (that has been demoed) that is possibly finished, just they are waiting around for whatever reason for an official debut.

The thing is the NEX line is only sold in the USA and Canada. They may be the same or similar radios elsewhere, but they aren't the NEX line by name, and unless I have both right next to each other to tear apart their internals and confirm hardware, I wouldn't feel comfortable putting a non NEX firmware in my machine even If they did get Carplay first for whatever reason.

Thank you epsilonkore, you hit the nail right on the head! In addition to what you mentioned, often times large companies like Pioneer have staging sites, that are near replicas of the Production site, except have the additions such as a new section or tab for a new product/service/ or in this case Firmware. This way, once they are ready for the site to go 'live' they can just promote the changes rather than having to make changes to a live site. Most of the time these staging servers are live( and public facing) way ahead of the release for executives/PR/other departments to proof. Again to everyones point this is all speculation, we have no way of knowing. It was just a thought because I am sure many people are excited to use CarPlay.