AVIC411.com

This is now on the UK site:

Keep up-to-date and travel faster with AVICSYNC. Connect your smartphone to your NavGate system and enjoy location-based services, more road coverage, accuracy, map and software updates. The AVICSYNC smartphone app will be available by the end of this year.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is now on the UK site:

Keep up-to-date and travel faster with AVICSYNC. Connect your smartphone to your NavGate system and enjoy location-based services, more road coverage, accuracy, map and software updates. The AVICSYNC smartphone app will be available by the end of this year.

Got a link?

That link advises...

"The AVIC-F60DAB will be one of the first aftermarket radios to feature Apple CarPlay (firmware update required, coming summer 2014)."  So it looks like Europe is on the same track for summer.

Yep, I was more concerned by the fact they've changed the AVICSYNC blurb since yesterday. There was no timescale on the site yesterday giving the impression AVICSYNC was already available, now they've put "end of the year".

As far as I know there is no other way of getting speed camera and alert point data on there (or other custom PIOs) until they get this sorted which is beginning to piss me off.

honestly i think everyone is making a big deal over all of this i will almost never buy something when it first comes out exactly for this reason its never complete. i ordered a avic-z150bh and after a few days they contacted me saying they no longer had them in stock and if i was ok with it they would send the avic-7000nex for the same price. does it suck that the app is not out yet....yeah kinda but i still love the radio anyway. there wasnt even talk about carplay when my unit arrived so i dont think anyone can be mad about how long it takes to come out. when it comes out it comes out

honestly i think everyone is making a big deal over all of this i will almost never buy something when it first comes out exactly for this reason its never complete. i ordered a avic-z150bh and after a few days they contacted me saying they no longer had them in stock and if i was ok with it they would send the avic-7000nex for the same price. does it suck that the app is not out yet....yeah kinda but i still love the radio anyway. there wasnt even talk about carplay when my unit arrived so i dont think anyone can be mad about how long it takes to come out. when it comes out it comes out

Well, this post isn't about the carplay, while it has been mentioned before on it. This post is about AvicSync, which should have launched with the product, and up until recently was advertised on the Pioneer Website as a feature of the headunits. Yes the radio is a pretty well put together machine, but it isn't perfect, and Pioneer needs to IMO do some serious product thinning. 

In this modern age of smartphones, Pioneer should try their best to provide quick and prompt updates to their systems. The only way to truly do that is when your product line is small enough that your team actually has the man hours to support it. taking one look on their site, they have so many different head units just for the one's with touch screens that it amazes me there have ever been any updates to any of them. 

Pioneer isn't Apple or Google. They do not have the manpower of those companies. Right now for example Carplay is almost definitely pulling away resources from other updates like AvicSync. 

Pioneer isn't Apple or Google. They do not have the manpower of those companies. Right now for example Carplay is almost definitely pulling away resources from other updates like AvicSync. 

Their decisions on what to implement are also affected by what they project as their bottom line—quite likely based mostly on financial growth. This is reflected by their opting to not go with a major player in GPS navigation.  If they had gone with Garmin, they could have included HD Digital Traffic and not even have to depend on a SmartPhone for data transfer.  Yes, it probably would cost more, but I think consumers would likely cough up more to attain such a unit. JMO

With all the hooplah involved with communicating with SmartPhones, mirroring and such, why even bother with an HU.  Just adapt a tablet, or tablet PC.  Yes, that presents another whole set of issues... but is it really any different to what we are experiencing with these flagship HUs?  Heck, my home theater system is an HTPC based.  Yes there are pros and cons versus using an AV receiver front end... but IMO the benefits are overwhelmingly evident.

You can have one, the other or both.

I have a HTPC, it goes through my AV Reciever. Best of both worlds.

I don't want "online" maps provided by Apple or Google as my only form of Nav as I may be out of coverage.

The 8000 is a very good unit, it could be much better if it had the features which Pioneer advertised as available at the time of purchase. That's all I'm asking for...

Well, this post isn't about the carplay, while it has been mentioned before on it. This post is about AvicSync, which should have launched with the product, and up until recently was advertised on the Pioneer Website as a feature of the headunits. Yes the radio is a pretty well put together machine, but it isn't perfect, and Pioneer needs to IMO do some serious product thinning. 

In this modern age of smartphones, Pioneer should try their best to provide quick and prompt updates to their systems. The only way to truly do that is when your product line is small enough that your team actually has the man hours to support it. taking one look on their site, they have so many different head units just for the one's with touch screens that it amazes me there have ever been any updates to any of them. 

Pioneer isn't Apple or Google. They do not have the manpower of those companies. Right now for example Carplay is almost definitely pulling away resources from other updates like Avic

im no stranger to pioneer i have had just about every avic product they made starting with the D1 and i also agree with you that avicsync should have come out with the radio but it didn't. my point was i wouldn't go and return my unit just because the app is not out yet or if it's not out by an exact date.

im no stranger to pioneer i have had just about every avic product they made starting with the D1 and i also agree with you that avicsync should have come out with the radio but it didn't. my point was i wouldn't go and return my unit just because the app is not out yet or if it's not out by an exact date.

Lol I think most of us are past the return date on our head units. Not much we could do at this point in that respect. 

Just when I was about to pick one of these up. I was already mad at the half-assed Idatalink implementation, but possibly delying a more uniiversal feature? Why can't they just do an update as these features become available rather than trying to put them all in one update?

Just when I was about to pick one of these up. I was already mad at the half-assed Idatalink implementation, but possibly delying a more uniiversal feature? Why can't they just do an update as these features become available rather than trying to put them all in one update?

There isn't a good answer to rebuke this. For example the radio has bugs that have been here since day one. They could have released a 1.1 update for bug fixes.

I agree totally, they should have released AVICSync and then release carplay when it's ready. Yes I do want a polished product and not a thrown together app, but these AVICSync connected services should have been running, tested and ready for prime time upon release of the HU. I really like the unit but it is not a finished product as for what was sold to me. I was willing to wait a bit, but this bit is passing. If another unit is released that I like I'll be returning it for a full refund, I already called my credit card and spoke with them about it and I have there blessing. Hence the reason I like to pay by credit card for items.

I do hope pioneer gets it going and releases the app to finish off my nex.