AVIC411.com

backup cam not working properly - 6000nex

I have my 6000nex installed in my 2002 Audi A4. The backup camera is receiving 12v constant power from the license plate lights, and the switched line is tapped into the reverse light.

I set the follow settings:

Back Camera Input - On

Camera Polarity - Battery

But nothing happens when I put the car in reverse.

If I change the Camera View setting from 'off' to 'on,' the video comes on when I put the car in reverse, but then a blank video screen will constantly come on while I am driving.

From reading the manual, I should only have to set Camera Input to 'on' and then the polarity to either 'battery' or 'ground.' 

I would possibly think I tapped into the wrong reverse wire, but if I turn Camera View to 'on,' the video comes up when I put the car in reverse.

I have my 6000nex installed in my 2002 Audi A4. The backup camera is receiving 12v constant power from the license plate lights, and the switched line is tapped into the reverse light.

...but then a blank video screen will constantly come on while I am driving.

How  do get 12v "constant power" ? you only get 12v when u put in reverse, how did you get 12v from backup light? fron the tail light and run the wire to the HU?

Black screen constanlly come on because you have "Camera View" turn on, even if you have backup light working you still get black screen, if you want to use "Camera View" function you need to hookup 12v constant power camera to your HU red wire, and backup light 12v go directly to input Violet/white wire.

post-119383-0-60341400-1407284784_thumb.jpg

sorry that wasn't clear. The camera has a led light built in for the license plate light, that is receiving 12v constant. The camera is receiving 12v switched from the reverse lamp in the tail light. I double checked the connections on the tail light and made sure the 12v switched power was working correctly and I still have nothing. I will go back out and check the rca connection on the back of the HU, just to make 100% sure it is right.

Got it figured out. When I originally installed the HU, I called Crutchfield for the wires for the reverse and VSS...I finally figured it out the other day when I was on my way to work at 5am and turned on my fog lights...and the backup cam came on. Tested it today and sure enough, the reverse hookup was connected to the wire for the fog lights. After searching and searching (finding wiring diagrams for Audi's is quite difficult) and another call to Crutchfield, I got the right wire (on a different connector in a different area) and it works like it is supposed to now. 

• 2 months later...

Im having basically the same issue. I have a Pontiac G5 with an AVIC 8000 NEX installed. I bought a rear mount cam and installed it a couple nights ago. I wired the red and black wires of the cam into the back up light wiring. I ran the yellow video cable up and plugged it into the cam connector in the 4 connector batch. I don't know if it was brown or not but I know the yellow pigtail cam connector a couple of you spoke of and its not that one. I get the same thing 99formulam6 got. When I select camera on, and pull it into reverse I get the cam view. When I take it out of reverse, I get the black screen saying things might be reversed which is clearable but it comes back in a few seconds. With Camera view off and I pull it into reverse, I get nothing. In order for this to work, does the reverse wire need to be held high or low. If I connect it to a 12V source, my backup lights should kick the camera on and off as I put it into and out of reverse. Am I correct in my assumptions here? Or any suggestions?