AVIC411.com

Moving to another Country, how to change the maps?

Hey guys, I currently have my Z1 installed in my 02 Acura TL-S, and I'm plannin on moving over from New York over to Israel within the next few months, and I wanna take my car with me.

The thing is, the Z1 only has US maps, so is there any way for me to load it up with maps of Israel. Incase you don't know, Israel is located in Europe, and is a very small country.

All help is greatly appreciated, Thanks

I coulda sworn that the Middle East wasn't a continent...but then again what would I know, I did go to a public school.

(by the way...Israel is in Southwest Asia ;D.)

yup..public school that is....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel

Pay attention to paragraph that says :

Israel is the only liberal democracy in the Middle East

And here it mentions what continent Israel beongs to....

http://www.mfa.gov.il/MFA/MFAArchive/20 ... %20Glimpse

Just, so you wouldn't have to strain your brain, i'll quote...

Israel stands at the crossroads of Europe, Asia and Africa. Geographically, it belongs to the Asian continent. Its western border is the Mediterranean Sea. To the north it is bound by Lebanon and Syria, to the east by Jordan and to the south by the Red Sea and Egypt. Long and narrow in shape, Israel is about 290 miles (470 km.) long and 85 miles (135 km.) across at its widest point. Its total area is 22,145 sq km, of which 21,671 sq km is land area.

I suggest, you research before making statements like that.

:roll:

Well thank you Mr.Wikipedia, I guess you don't care what they have to say on the topic of the Middle East itself either since it quite clearly states that the term "Middle East" itself is a loose statement with no clear definition but as far as the ignorant people of the world are concerned the Greater Middle East (a term defined by the U.S. Government while preparing for the '04 G8 summit) is a collective term to refer to the Islamic World including non-Arabic countries...be that as it may,it is still not an official political region in itself but just a general name loosely applied to people who couldn't pass geography in middle school. Now as far as the statement describing where it is located...that did nothing but support my brief statement about it being in Southwest Asia. ;)

I coulda sworn that the Middle East wasn't a continent...but then again what would I know, I did go to a public school.

(by the way...Israel is in Southwest Asia ;D.)

yup..public school that is....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel

Pay attention to paragraph that says :

Israel is the only liberal democracy in the Middle East

And here it mentions what continent Israel beongs to....

http://www.mfa.gov.il/MFA/MFAArchive/20 ... %20Glimpse

Just, so you wouldn't have to strain your brain, i'll quote...

Israel stands at the crossroads of Europe, Asia and Africa. Geographically, it belongs to the Asian continent. Its western border is the Mediterranean Sea. To the north it is bound by Lebanon and Syria, to the east by Jordan and to the south by the Red Sea and Egypt. Long and narrow in shape, Israel is about 290 miles (470 km.) long and 85 miles (135 km.) across at its widest point. Its total area is 22,145 sq km, of which 21,671 sq km is land area.

I suggest, you research before making statements like that.

:roll:

Umm... I'm pretty sure that did absolutely nothing but strengthen AgnosticJive's post. He said it was in the Middle East, he just stated that the Middle East was not a continent, which is true. He also said that it was in Southeast Asia; also true. So, if the point of your post was to 'shut down' Jive and prove him wrong, you did the complete opposite.

ANYWAY, now that we're done with all that, OP-

It doesn't look promising that you'll get the Z1 to work in Israel.

holy crap, is this fucking geography class or something?

why the fuck are all you people giving me a geography lesson on where Israel is located instead of giving me helpful advice about my navi?

anyways back on topic, is there anybody on this forum thats from Europe or the Middle East that has a Z1? Is it any different from the US Z1, besides the maps?

why would you want to take an acura tl 2002 to isreal. That would cost more than the car is worth.

well...there are quite alot of reasons, but I'll just tell you the most important ones.

They dont sell Acura's over in Israel, and even if they do, they are VERY expensive.

My car will be VERY unique over there, infact based on the last time I've been there, which was about 4 years ago, all I saw was VW, Kia's, Hyndai's, and maybe a few Toyota's. My point is that they have the absolute cheapest cars there, and there's a 95% chance that I'll be the ONLY one in Israel with that car, especially in that color.

Also, I put alot of money into my car, and it still has low mileage, only 62k, and runs very good (knock on wood).

My point is that I love my car very very much, and am not willing to sell it just because I'm moving to another country, and besides it's only gonna cost about $2,500 for shipping, with insurance upto $25,000. But that bad part about the shipping is that it takes about 4-5 weeks for my car to arrive there.

You may, or may not, care about this, but another reason not to take the z1 over (or at least, buy a non-North America version) there is for the time zones. As far as I know, you can't program the time farther east than the Eastern Time Zone. So you may not be able to have the correct time displayed (something I've been thinking about since I'm heading out to Atlantic Canada for vacation this summer).

Speaking of which, does anybody know how the Z1 will handle the new daylight savings time?