AVIC411.com

Avic-D3 and CD-UB100 (USB)

Just installed the Avic-D3 and CD-UB100.

It gets recognized as an external device. It can recognize song names but you have to shorten them to like 12-15 characters or it cuts it off. Not the best functionality, but if you organize your music on the mem stick into folders and know what number folder they were it has no problem playing the songs and searching or skipping.

Just not the best user interface, but It works fine.

I will show pics later. I added a usb coupler in my console so that It looks clean and can just stick mem stick in.

It is not a cig to usb.

That is just a straight through panel mount usb coupler. Basically you run a type a to type a cable to the connector and then just plug in the mem stick.

You should be able to add this no problem, to your sirrus, it comes with an ip bus cable, you just would plug that into the back of your deck, or probably could daisy chain it to the sirrus box.

I also just installed the AVIC-D3 w/ CD-UB100, but for some reason, I cannot get the filenames to show on the screen. It only shows folder number 02, 03 etc... I truncated the names to 12 characters, but that did not help either.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.