AVIC411.com

What problems is everybody having with IOS 8

I know Pioneer stated what is not working with IOS 8, but that seems to be mostly with App Radio.

I am interested in what problems others are having with the latest IOS with just the Head Unit.

Like Bluetooth, Maps, Phone, etc, before I upgrade.

I have the 5s iPhone and did not upgrade the software, and might not depending what others are going through.

At least not until Pioneer updates the Units.

Thanks

Phil

With my iPhone 6, I cannot hear calls through the NEX. Pairing is fine. It's like the phone connection is not going through the NEX anymore. The small "in call" screen does not even pop up on the NEX. On the iPhone, is shows that the sound should be coming from the AVIX8000NEX, but all I get is silence. I have to click on the iPhone option on the phone to start communicating.

Everything else seems fine. Texting with Siri through the NEX, phonebook download... Not sure if its iPhone 6 related or iOS 8. But, I was running iOS 8 GM with my iPhone 5 with no issues until I switched phones yesterday.

My iPhone 6 issues seemed to be related to my iCloud restore. Everything worked except the Bluetooth phone calls. No audio, or visual display on the NEX that a call was going through. After an erase and reset of the phone without the iCloud restore, I tested it out and it worked just fine.

I have a 6+ and I have had an issue with playing spotify via USB. Today my phone was connected, I turned my truck off and left the phone connected and when I turned my truck back on my NEX said "no device connected" and then the unit rebooted itself. I unplugged and plugged the phone in a few times and it wasn't recognized. Finally recognized it after a few tries.

So far I have not run into any issues with my iPhone 6, however my experience is only limited with Bluetooth. I didn't particularly like AppRadio stuff, and I am really waiting for the CarPlay update to see how thing work out. I imagine Apple would ensure that CarPlay works properly with iOS 8, and that's pretty much what I want out of my NEX.

Everything is working as before on my iPhone 6+.  I really don't use that much stuff though.  I generally just plug the phone into USB1 and play music using the steering wheel controls.  I did have one issue where the whole system got confused.  I got a phone call, unplugged the lightning cable, and answered the call.  After that, all sorts of stuff wasn't working right.  Next time I got in the car, it was all good.

It seems most have the 5s and IOS 8 working fine with the head unit, not counting app radio, never liked that anyway. So I upgraded my 5s to the new ios and will check out the 7000 tomorrow.

Hopefully everything still works the same as before the update.

Thanks

Phil

Plus if I check it now and it does not work right, I will be up all night with that on my mind.